586,080 active members*
3,625 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Tutorials > FREE ON-ONLINE WEBINARS ON BOBCAD PRODUCTS

FREE ON-ONLINE WEBINARS ON BOBCAD PRODUCTS

Just wanted to post a link to our FREE on-line webinars for the BobCAD-CAM products . These webinars are interactive. You can chat in questions to topics being covered. They are typically 30 minutes to 1 hour long depending on topics and questions asked. These webinars are open to ANYONE, you do not have to be a customer to participate in them . Come take a look and see what Bobcad can do and ask your questions . I will be holding these webinars 2 times a week on different products. See link below for schedule .

MikeG
    BobCAD-CAM

BobCAD-CAM | CAD-CAM Software Webinars - Free and Premium web seminars to help you learn our Cad Cam Software

Check Link for new webinars for April and also new times as well .
    We are also looking for input on the topics and products covered in the presentations . Please post your ideas or areas you would want to see in the webinars.

Mike G
    BobCAD-CAM

Webinaires are great.Well,I mean the ones Bob offered a year or so ago.Which were taken down,which is a shame because they were not only great for learning,but worthy for refreshing the old noggin.But that was some time ago.What I mean is,all the Webinaires that have been offered for over a year or so now are only Demos.Meaning,just to show and sell on product.Not the informative and learning ones as in the past.I read that Bob does have some learning/instructional webinaires out,but,but,they are not the free ones you are mentioning,correct?

Yes We do have the more in-depth ones still available , however they are for support members only . For more information on these please call Autumn at 877-262-2231 EXT 126 . She can give all the info on these . Also they are listed on the webinars page of website as well .

MikeG
    BobCAD-CAM

NEW webinars for the month of MAY have been posted . please use link in above thread to check out.

MikeG
    BobCAD-CAM

the webinar is not starting on my computer. It says it will start in a few seconds. So far it has been 26 minutes. What went wrong?

Here, MikeG is talking about more indepth video tutorials (push play to start video) not on line live video conference type tutorials...

Yes We do have the more in-depth ones still available , however they are for support members only . For more information on these please call Autumn at 877-262-2231 EXT 126 . She can give all the info on these . Also they are listed on the webinars page of website as well .

MikeG
    BobCAD-CAM

These more in depth videos...you have to push pay to play Lol. Is your company that hard up/desperate for money????

yea...I've been giving your company and demo a try and this is the conclusion I've come to...
    you care more about getting more money than you do about getting new customers. Because of this I couldn't morally recommend anyone to you until your business ethics change

bobcad/cam seem to only want to help you learn their software if you pay them, ie...buy the registered full version (with out even knowing if I'll use/like it), pay for lessons at $150.00 (minimum) an hour (again with out even knowing if I'll use/like it) , pay $400.00 dollars for 12 months of support (again with out even knowing if I'll use/like it). You cant even join their bobcad/cam forums unless you pay . How do they expect to get new customers if they don't want to help new customers learn/understand their software? Don't they know that people use the demo first to try/test it AND get a feel for the company behind it. I'm not going to pay for something that I don't even know if I can use it or if I'll even like it. At this point, I don't think I will be using it even as a demo to try and learn it due to their lack of care, concern, support for first time users because they seem to put their need for money before their desire for gaining new loyal customers. guess I should say something good...But it does appear to me to be very professional looking.

For these reasons I have decided to look into other cad/cam...possibly dolphin

I gave them a try because of mach3 recommendations and bobcad/cam video testimonials. Speaking of the video testimonials...I can find desert nomads that were sold sand and happy about it.

I'm not trying to badmouth, disparage or soil bobcad/cam reputation or its users or discourage any one considering using them. This is just my personal experience and feelings and conclusions from dealing with bobcad/cam demo and navigating their website

I hope this doesn't get me banned from forum. The community members have been very helpful and I am greatful.
    Richard

Their techniques are a bit underhanded. I recently received an e-mail from them pushing their "Free Machinist Toolbox". Well, here's a copy of the e-mail, judge for yourself:

"Machinist ToolBox

Need to solve a right triangle? An oblique triangle? How about determining the appropriate height of gage blocks for a sine bar? Need a speed or feedrate for that material you've never machined before? These are but a few ways that Machinist ToolBox can help you. It's loaded with conversion methods, machining data, reference information, and G code generating functions to help you with your machining questions.

Machinist ToolBox menu functions:

* Conversions
    * Speed / Feed
    * Trig Calculations
    * CNC Operations
    * Calculator - This menu of Machinist ToolBox calls up the scientific calculator. Just about everything that can be done on a hand-held calculator (trig functions, log, square root, etc.)
    * Reference

Download a fully-functional demo of Machinist ToolBox

CNC Machinist ToolBox Software

Judge for yourself if Machinist ToolBox will suit your needs.

System requirements

Machinist ToolBox should run properly on any Windows 32 bit system. But if you're worried about compatibility issues, be sure to download and run the demo. If the demo runs on your computer, so will the licensed version of the program.

Delivery Option

* Delivery by download - To begin, download the demo. This will allow you to work with Machinist ToolBox for thirty days. When you buy, we'll email you the unlock code that changes your demo into the licensed version of the software. Orders are processed and unlock-code emails are sent only during regular business hours (not holidays, weekends, or evenings)..

Pricing:

Orders are processed only during regular business hours (not holidays, weekends, or evenings).
    Machinist ToolBox Single License ~ $99.00 "

In the subject line of the e-mail Al stated it was FREE. Note at the end of the sales pitch it's a hundred bucks! What's more is someone with a short period of time searching the internet can find most all of what's mentioned for no cost - really it's free. Furthermore, this "toolbox" calls up something you already have on your windows PC, the windows caculator!

You gotta watch 'em boys. Watch 'em close or they'll pick your pocket!

The demo is free, 30 day fully functional.

yes...the demo 'software' is free fully functional but thats it. No 30 day trial full support as if you purchased it. If you added this in it might be enough to sway beginners (newbs) to purchase but this is all repetitive