586,069 active members*
3,619 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

can you help me? Parallel Port

I am trying my hardest to get mach to control my steppers i have done the driver test and now have that working. I have bought a pci card with 25 pin connection card supports SPP/PS2/EPP/ECP MODES but seem to not be able to get anything to the board? do you have any ideas i have the straight cable so this is fine . i have three leds on the board to show each axis and to show any signals but these do not light at all!!! i have now spent hours trying this but no joy. In the device manager there is a option to select something other than NEVER USE AN INTURRUPT (which is now selected) is this correct as it is or do i need to select use an inturrupt? any ideas? the moschip is MCS9865 and box for card just says PCI MULTI I/O CONTROLLER CARD i have changed this to LPT1 AS IT WAS LPT3 AND have been told mach only ready LPT1 AND LPT2 please any help you can give would be so much appreciated

I have been having similar problems , i used parmon to check my parallel port ,it is available here Geek Hideout --> Parallel Port Monitor , a small programme that monitors the parallel port and you can switch on and off pins as well ... derk

Quote Originally Posted by juju7 View Post
    I am trying my hardest to get mach to control my steppers i have done the driver test and now have that working. I have bought a pci card with 25 pin connection card supports SPP/PS2/EPP/ECP MODES but seem to not be able to get anything to the board? do you have any ideas i have the straight cable so this is fine . i have three leds on the board to show each axis and to show any signals but these do not light at all!!! i have now spent hours trying this but no joy. In the device manager there is a option to select something other than NEVER USE AN INTURRUPT (which is now selected) is this correct as it is or do i need to select use an inturrupt? any ideas? the moschip is MCS9865 and box for card just says PCI MULTI I/O CONTROLLER CARD i have changed this to LPT1 AS IT WAS LPT3 AND have been told mach only ready LPT1 AND LPT2 please any help you can give would be so much appreciated
    I am not positive but from what I understand Mach could care less what LPT is assigned to the port. Mach talks directly to the hardware and you have to tell mach the actual hardware address of your printer port. This will be a 4 digit hex number..

Here is a link to some discussion..ww.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=14910.0 "add the extra w"

Garry