Hey everyone. I just stumbled across this forum last night and did some reading... it seems I have stumbled across another hobby that will take years to understand the lingo. Oh well.

I want to build/buy a CNC machine for a pretty specific purpose. I want to make a small box. Nothing fancy, just 90 degree angles and rough dimensions of 12x8 x 3 inches tall. This will be out of a metal, not sure what kind yet though.

THE QUESTION: I was hoping to create this box by either CNC-ing it out of a solid block or having a third party cast me a close-enough shape and then I would tidy it up on my CNC machine. Considering the vertical nature of the walls and the the drill bit chuck, will I be able to drill out/touch up the bottoms of the 3" vertical walls? I am concerned that the drill bits wont reach that far down before hitting the top edge of the box. I hope this makes sense. Thank everyone!

Also, anyone recommend a good kit for this type of project? Don't want to spend too much over a thousand... perhaps 1500 tops.