586,089 active members*
3,836 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Bending, Forging, Extrusion... > hydraulic press brake cnc upgrade

hydraulic press brake cnc upgrade

Hello to all (my first post) I have a big old pacific 400 ton x 16' press brake that I want to upgrade to the latest cnc style hydraulic system. The original parts in the system are obsolete and the machine was a pain to set up when everything was working properly. I had pacific quote me a system about 6 yrs ago, and the price just about blew my socks off so I tried to go to a couple of the large hydraulic manufacturers to spec and purchase the pump, valves linear scales etc. I could not get to anyone with the knowledge of what I need, they all refered me to local suppliers who usually sell truck pto's and related stuff.
    I bought the machine from gov't storage about 8 yrs ago and the machine is in near perfect shape otherwise. Is anybody familiar with a competent engineer, or firm who can design a system and spec the equipment ? We can handle the installation. I also tried a couple of machine repair outfits and they seemed either scared of the job, or not competent to do it

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best regards, Dan

I'm a big fan of Camsoft controls. The control is certainly up to the task. The big advantage of this control is you can open source your hardware, it will work with a huge variety of control hardware. Check it out, if you consider this route I'd be gald to give you some more things to consider.

Karl

Thanks Karl, I'll look into it. I have to get the hyd. system lined up first.

Regards, Dan

There is a company in Texas by the name of "PC Controls LLC" that specializes in this.

Thanks, I have their info and catalogue already. I need an engineer to spec the pumps, valves and linear scales along with the amplifiers

Regards, Dan

Yep, those old dogs are a pia. All the pilot pressures, pilot operated solenoid valves, servo valves etc... We have a couple old ones like that as well. Our smaller one was just upgraded by cincinatti, the new system works well.

I didn't know cincinatti retrofitted other makes I'll give them a call

Thanks, Dan

hi dc53,

i can send you a excel file, where you can calculated the size of the pump and valves... its from a german manufactor calls Hoerbiger... give ma an email to send it...

best regards

Thanks for the reply, I talked to a sales rep from hoerbiger that covers my area and I was told they do not make a standard valve with the flow required for my application, which is high flow at a lower pressure. The pistons are 16" dia. They said that the valving would have to be custom built and that it would drive the cost up greatly, and cause me a problem with service if needed

Regards, Dan

cnc reconditioning

Dear Mr DAN,

Yes we can help you to recondition the existing press brake with new improved system,

regards

Johnysaili

My employer purchased a Pacific press brake, model # 200-12 and serial # 2757 and they put on a back stop but supposedly the computer that was sent is not the one that was ordered from what I was told. It is a CNC 150 Auto gauge Automec and is time consuming when making the adjustments.

Is there any other computer that would work better with this machine that would be more user friendly and less time consuming for entering information for the bends?

Automec CNC150

Quote Originally Posted by partwerks View Post
    My employer purchased a Pacific press brake, model # 200-12 and serial # 2757 and they put on a back stop but supposedly the computer that was sent is not the one that was ordered from what I was told. It is a CNC 150 Auto gauge Automec and is time consuming when making the adjustments.

Is there any other computer that would work better with this machine that would be more user friendly and less time consuming for entering information for the bends?
    What seems to be wrong with your Automec, that takes too long to adjust

gaging

alternative to automec, goto DTE Sales & Service - WELCOME TO e-POSITIONER. We have been using there system for almost 4 years. Started with programs being stored locally at machine; now we have a database located in center of plant that product engineering writes the daily orders to. all operator does is scan barcode and gages jump into action (no setup or operator typing in numbers!!) we are working on downloading the machine parameters also for that part.
    works great; less headache on me!

gauging

Quote Originally Posted by DFlynn View Post
    What seems to be wrong with your Automec, that takes too long to adjust
    take a look at e-positioner. web site is DTE Sales & Service - WELCOME TO e-POSITIONER we looked for a system to take the control of our product out of operator hands and put back into engineering. this system does just that. all operator does now is scan workorder. started out with programs at machine level, now we have a database (Access) located in product engineering. Operator scans part and database sends the data to produce that part to machine; operator starts running machine.

You wouldn't be employed by the company in the link by any chance? Both in Lexington??
    If so you need to post in the Products Section spam is not allowed in the general forums.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.