586,075 active members*
3,865 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > I hear thin squeak Panasonic servo driver

Question I hear thin squeak Panasonic servo driver

But now I have a small problem: when using a +15 V DC to the conclusion COM + and GND wire to Servo-ON pin (CN I/F plug driver) I hear the subtle hiss driver (high-frequency 10-15kHz). What parameters can remove this thin whistle of the driver? Maybe it's because of lack of "grounding"?

Servo driver is Panasonic MSD021A1X05

Thanks in advance

I assume this is a PWM drive? So it has to whistle like this to work! it is normal. How to remove the whistle? How about a pair of earplugs?

But other my 2 drivers not have whistle. And what about the earplugs - very funny! :idea:

glad u said funny and not mad for earplugs! that is how I meant it!

2 otrhers dont make the noise, this one does..... every run them before? or is the first time on? no history of it before? like was it quiet b4?

the noise is coming from the drive or the motor? different motors have different inductance and so will make different amounts of noise - for instance ironless linear motors will reproduce music very nicely - sound like speakers!

so if noise is in motor and it is different model that others that could still be ok. if in drive it may be ok if they have a small inductor in sereies with the m0otor leads.... wnat if you disconnect the motor leads and turn it on? quiet? might be the nmotor is phased wrong if first startup and you r hearing high current flow at the pwm freq?