586,075 active members*
3,922 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MH 800 C start up error

I just bought a MH 800C from 1991. I need urgent help. Is someone knowledgeable in San Jose CA area on old Deckel Maho's for an on site trouble shooting. Please reply!!! I am working for a week now on trouble shooting.

The problem is:
    -switching machine on
    -pressing hydraulics start and failure reset button - two times
    -error code 37 shows up in side display
    after jumper between 33 and 34 on 16A2 error code changes to 14 - always kept hydraulics start pressed

in other sequence - jumpered 33 /34 removed
    -switching machine on
    -pressing hydraulics start and failure reset button
    -error code 37 shows up in side display
    -keeping hydraulics start pressed
    -open and closing side doors error code changes to 14

Please respond if this is a known problem.

Just FYI - I solved the problem:
    The machine didn't run for probably 2 years, even the seller told me it did. I kept the oil pump start button presses several times and then mill started up. I had to do it that way for about a week. Now the machine is starting up as it should.

Unhappy How Many Axis?

Hi
    Good to see you have got the Maho going. I also have a 1991 HM800C it also had similar problems as your machine.
    I still have error 57 on the cabinet, not sure why?
    Tidied up safety circuit and starts OK now but still sounds like a sluggish contactor.
    How many axis have you got?
    Mine 5 axis but still trying to get the 5th axis "B" to go.
    Regards
    Mark

Failure 57 is the start up failure message and should disappear after swithching on the oil pump

Hi
    57 Stays on even when hydraulic pumps starts up pn mine?

Mark

Burgs,

That seems odd. An error 57 is up in the realm of E-Stop and Safety door interlocks (having access doors open). I don't even think the 24V power supply is active if you have an Error 57. The hydraulics can't start with that kind of error unless you have bypassed the error with the diagnostic toggle switch (a momentary switch, but it might have been hard wired ON), or bypassed the cause of the error elsewhere (by shorting across the relays).

Do you have any errors on the control console? It should indicate there is an error on the LED display at minimum.

What controller do you have? 432 or 532?

Mike

Errors

Hi
    I brought the machine not going.
    Have checked the safety circuit and have found a few things bridged out and have reset to the schematics, which at least allowed me to start the machine and run the axis, ie home all except the swivel axis.
    At all times the 57 code is displayed,
    I located a guy that operated the machine and he said it always diplayed error 57?.
    We have purchased CamSoft and will be replacing the original Phillips 432 control.
    Best Regards
    Mark

OK, that's what I thought. You really should hunt down and resolve the reason for the error 57, and remove (put back to the original wiring) all the custom jumpers - as these jumpers are probably just bypassing errors. Or, at least you need to understand why they were bypassed. For example many people bypass the safety gate relays for the access doors, or the front doors out of convenience. If that's all it is, it's just a safety thing, but it could be something more important. Well, safety is important, but if it's just your machine and nobody else is using it, you can manage it. But, in a mixed work environment, the machine would not pass government (OSHA in the USA) or labor union inspections for example.

If the machine didn't run for 2 years you REALLY need to change the backup battery but that would just be general maintainence. I looked at the schemes for my 800 and the 57 error code is for safety switch interlock. But they (maho) could have done anything they wanted when they hard wired to the 57 error. Check your drawings and find the 'error indicator' sheet and you can then follow it back to were the error code is generated from.
    It will look something like 37a1/57 264.....57 is the code and is generated by section 264
    go to 264 in the schemes and you can find out just what makes that error code come up.
    Hope this helps.