586,119 active members*
3,697 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 5T Hitachi Seiki Parameters

Fanuc 5T Hitachi Seiki Parameters

Hello Not sure if anyone can help ?, I need the parameter list for a Hitachi Seiki 3NE 300 lathe , It seems some of the parameters have changed and the lathe is doing odd things! ie speeds entered are not displayed as entered and spindle runs at full speed, but at start up with no speed entered spindle runs and jog run at low speed ??? Tool Changer index's to correct tool number but displays a 4 digit number not tool number that was selected ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJunkman View Post
    Hello Not sure if anyone can help ?, I need the parameter list for a Hitachi Seiki 3NE 300 lathe , It seems some of the parameters have changed and the lathe is doing odd things! ie speeds entered are not displayed as entered and spindle runs at full speed, but at start up with no speed entered spindle runs and jog run at low speed ??? Tool Changer index's to correct tool number but displays a 4 digit number not tool number that was selected ? Thanks
    The 5T control only had a handful of parameters and were fairly generic, not particularly machine specific.

With regards to the tool number display, where is this being displayed? If in the long, segment LED display then 4 digit is correct; 2 digits for the tool number and 2 for the offset. If in a separate display, then this would be an OEM provided feature and is probably not parameter related.

I can provide you with a Generic set of parameters, but not from an Hitachi Seiki. It won't be for a few days though, I'll have to go to a client's works that has this control.

Please let me know if you want this Generic set, so as not to waste time.

Regards,

Bill

Hello Bill Thanks for your reply , I will be spending some time on the lathe tomorrow and will get a few more details and contact you again so no need to go out of you way at the moment , the digits appear on the bottom row and were showing tool number also if I enter a speed it is no longer shown in RPM and spindle runs at max RPM no matter how high or low you set speed and after pressing C old value returns if you press enter. Machine was working fine and after dinner break thing had gone a bit mad!. M08 and M09 displaying as 80-81
    Regards Chris. PS If I get it sorted would you like to know the problem.

PS If I get it sorted would you like to know the problem.
    We always like to know the solution to the problem. If it is not for ourselves then it will help someone else that may stumble across this thread with a similar problem.

Stevo

Hello Bill Thanks for your reply , I will be spending some time on the lathe tomorrow and will get a few more details and contact you again so no need to go out of you way at the moment , the digits appear on the bottom row and were showing tool number also if I enter a speed it is no longer shown in RPM and spindle runs at max RPM no matter how high or low you set speed and after pressing C old value returns if you press enter. Machine was working fine and after dinner break thing had gone a bit mad!. M08 and M09 displaying as 80-81
    Regards Chris. PS If I get it sorted would you like to know the problem.
    Yes, as Stevo put it, there is always an interest as to how a problem was solved.

Just let me know if you need the parameters.

Regards,

Bill

Fanuc t5/ Hitachi Seiki 3en 300 parameters

Hello Thanks for your help and info this is all helping, I think as you said I will need the makers parameter list.
    Regards and Thanks Chris

Hello Bill That list would be great if you can get it please , will if be from a 3ne 300 as stuck until I can check the parameter list.
    Regards Chris

Hello Bill That list would be great if you can get it please , will if be from a 3ne 300 as stuck until I can check the parameter list.
    Regards Chris
    Hi Chris,
    As stated in my first post, I can supply you a copy of a generic 5T parameter list, but it won't be from a Hitachi Seiki.

Regard,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    Hi Chris,
    As stated in my first post, I can supply you a copy of a generic 5T parameter list, but it won't be from a Hitachi Seiki.

Regard,

Bill
    Hello Bill That would be good ,is there an explanation by each parameter, Bill do you know if changing a program will remove the settings of the constant surface speed as when we first started the machine CSS was working ok . The person who programs is off sick at the moment so Im in at the deep end !!!. If you have a chance take a look at Dave Page engineering Steam engines this is where the machine is .Thanks again Bill.
    Regards Chris

Hello Bill That would be good ,is there an explanation by each parameter, Bill do you know if changing a program will remove the settings of the constant surface speed as when we first started the machine CSS was working ok . The person who programs is off sick at the moment so Im in at the deep end !!!. If you have a chance take a look at Dave Page engineering Steam engines this is where the machine is .Thanks again Bill.
    Regards Chris
    Hi Chris,
    Yes, the parameter list will have an explanation as to the meaning of the parameter settings.

You can't change the characteristics of a 5T control from a program, apart from those parameters that are associated with various cycles. With regards to CSS, there is nothing that can be included in a program that will turn it off permanently, if that's what you mean. Its turned on by programming G96 with an S command representing the desired surface speed in either meters or feet per minute, depending on whether the machine is in metric or imperial mode, G21, G20 respectively. Check that your program has the G96 code included.

Regards,

Bill

Hello Bill The main problem we seem to have is the loss of control of the spindle speed it runs slow at start up but after entering a speed it will only run fast.
    Regards Chris

Hi Chris,

Check you PM.

Regards,

Bill