586,117 active members*
3,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > RFQ kinda, I need to find a manufacturer for this part

RFQ kinda, I need to find a manufacturer for this part

Hi,

Im looking for someone to produce a product very similar to what is pictured below. I know its tough to produce quote from something this general, Im more then aware of this so Im not looking for a quote just a place that is able to make these.

Pictured below is the diaphragm, the only thing i need is the High temperature silicone Nomex reinforced part the are about 3" wide 1" tall

I will need orders of 50 min.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails diaphragm .jpg  

I don't do molding but you need a target quantity. If it isn't an of the shelf item, one is going to run you the price of a mold, not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    I don't do molding but you need a target quantity. If it isn't an of the shelf item, one is going to run you the price of a mold, not cheap.
    I knew I forgot something, I updated original post, thanks

Your best bet is to find someone who does rubber compression molding if you aren't having any luck. If you find a mom and pop one like I worked for over 30 years ago they may have a mold lying around collecting dust long since paid for close enough to what you need. I think it is the only way you can get close enough to a workable price on only a 50 piece order.

Where are you located? We have a local source that may be interested. I can give you there contact info. Akron, OH
    Doug Pryor
    David Wolfe Design, Inc.
    Akron, OH
    www.davidwolfedesign.com
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Lanty View Post
    Thank you very much! And I'll send them our company profile soon,hope for the chance to cooperate with them??????? ??? CNC SLA ? ??
    Question, if Chinese companies are trying to cultivate business with English speaking people from the USA, why don't you hire people to use proper English on your website's English version? Your website is one of the better ones but still some of the verbage on it makes no sense. Also what is up with the over use of the word "cooperate". It is constantly improperly used to the point of being insulting in some instances. A lot of Chinese companies will say "We need your cooperation", that sounds like a demand, not a request.

Lanty, your English is pretty good. I am just curious since the USA is such an important customer to the Chinese, why don't large Chinese companies at least have one guy who writes perfect English do website design and sales? If I was a large USA company and wanted to business with China I would hire a guy who could read and write Chinese and English very well. I am self-employed, but use to work for a large company. I knew a few guys who immigrated from China, and spoke Chinese and very good English. With the internet I am sure you could hire someone to fix the English part of your website and of many Chinese companies very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanty View Post
    Thank you! As you know many Chinese companies just make the English website to have a try so they don't take it so seriously.May be you will be a wise boss in China. As for our company,this just a beginning and we'll do better in the future.
    You ever heard of a store in USA called Walmart? Very big and they have them in every city in every state. Half of what they sell is made in China. If Chinese companies take selling to USA seriously maybe everything in Walmart would be made in China.

Dualkit... China owns USA because they are the major debt holder of the USA. If China asks to collect their debt from the USA...

it is forecast that we will all be speaking some form of Chinese in the next 100 yrs or so...
    all us English-speaking 'grunts' might want to learn Cantonese sooner than later.

not to turn political... but we need to support our local economy in this global economic world of ours... it is a vicious downward spiral similar to a toilet flush... and the local businesses will have no choice but to increase their prices from the lack of business or close their doors.
    this is my local morning opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by a1cadcam View Post
    Dualkit... China owns USA because they are the major debt holder of the USA. If China asks to collect their debt from the USA...

it is forecast that we will all be speaking some form of Chinese in the next 100 yrs or so...
    all us English-speaking 'grunts' might want to learn Cantonese sooner than later.

not to turn political... but we need to support our local economy in this global economic world of ours... it is a vicious downward spiral similar to a toilet flush... and the local businesses will have no choice but to increase their prices from the lack of business or close their doors.
    this is my local morning opinion...
    I do support my local economy. I have switched suppliers 5 times in 12 years so I can always buy domestic aluminum when everyone else is saving $.75-$1.00 a pound buying Chinese. I was just having a cordial conversation.

I do support my local economy. I have switched suppliers 5 times in 12 years so I can always buy domestic aluminum when everyone else is saving $.75-$1.00 a pound buying Chinese. I was just having a cordial conversation.
    :cheers:
    ya... i know what you mean...

china only owns about 13% of the US debt,we do how ever have a huge trade deficit to do something about,and yes we do need to start pulling all the manufacturing back to the USA,as a shop owner i can only put a price on things and than i tell my customers
    SORRY I DONT WORK FOR RICE!! but i have been forced to be creative to keep prices as low as possible to compete to some degree,what everyone needs to due is educate there customers that china isnt that much cheaper if you factor all the other costs and factors,like total lack of qaulity control,lack of project control due to the distance,shipping costs,longer lead times,etc.,than they might rethink the things

not to hyjack this thread OT..
    it is a 2-way street, but you buy our raw materials and flood our market with cheap, throw-away product...
    when can North America service China in this capacity?
    China wont sell raw materials out of country... yes?
    i have nothing against China... i support my local community first then my Country... after that its Global.

You ever heard of a store in USA called Walmart? Very big and they have them in every city in every state. Half of what they sell is made in China. If Chinese companies take selling to USA seriously maybe everything in Walmart would be made in China.
    Half of what they sell huh, what is this like the 70's? Don't you mean 95.00%+ is chinese made product. The only thing there that isn't made in china is a few guns, ammo, and a few other miniscule trinkits. And you are extremely foolish to think they don't take it seriously, that's just a stupid thing to say, come on now.

Stupid? I don't shop at Walmart, so I was venturing a guess that everything was 50% Chinese. I am sure it isn't as high as you think as I am sure a lot of clothing items are made in India, Vietnam, etc,etc. I was last in a Walmart 7 years ago 750 miles from home and my friend needed something. We weren't driving all over the place in a strange town.
    I think a lot of your anger is misdirected. I probably know a little more about Chinese manufacturing than most of you. I had a friend who worked for a USA company that sold very expensive $250,000 to $1,000,000 circuit board testing machines to Chinese companies. He did on site upgrades and repairs. For a stretch he was flying to China once a month for a week at a time. His company outsourced some complicated tool and die work to Chinese companies he said it wasn't bad and needed minimal alterations, but they paid 60% of USA price. You can get good work in China, but it isn't that cheap. The poorly made work you are seeing is made for 10 cents or less of the USA dollar.
    If your work is being taken away by low skilled 3rd world labor, you need to find another niche. The game has changed, if the Chinese took your high volume simple work with long lead times, specialize in quick turn around low volume complicated work. I have specialized machinery that I can still charge good rates on that 3rd world countries still can't touch my prices on low volume, and I bill all my time from programming, set-up, run, cleaning and packaging. You have to learn to pick the battles you can win.
    Lanty is not the enemy, he is just trying to feed his family like the rest of us. If you want to be mad at lost jobs, direct your anger at the USA companies that built plants in China, a government that doesn't protect it's manufacturing base, companies that outsource tech support to India, etc.
    You can also help your own cause by spending as much of you consumer dollar in your home country as you can. I don't know how many people scream about lost jobs in the USA while buying Chinese tires instead of ones made in the USA.

I bet you don't, but your wife, daughter, and grandma all do and you wear chinese jeans and shoes or some 3rd world. I don't see them as a enemy, yet, but that's for the future to hold. Yeah the blame is on the government for destroying our industry. I too have specialized machinery and tooling that I can charge good rates on, but so did the rest of the companies that went under who were making jet turbines for example.

Stupid? I don't shop at Walmart, so I was venturing a guess that everything was 50% Chinese. I am sure it isn't as high as you think as I am sure a lot of clothing items are made in India, Vietnam, etc,etc. I was last in a Walmart 7 years ago 750 miles from home and my friend needed something. We weren't driving all over the place in a strange town.
    I think a lot of your anger is misdirected. I probably know a little more about Chinese manufacturing than most of you. I had a friend who worked for a USA company that sold very expensive $250,000 to $1,000,000 circuit board testing machines to Chinese companies. He did on site upgrades and repairs. For a stretch he was flying to China once a month for a week at a time. His company outsourced some complicated tool and die work to Chinese companies he said it wasn't bad and needed minimal alterations, but they paid 60% of USA price. You can get good work in China, but it isn't that cheap. The poorly made work you are seeing is made for 10 cents or less of the USA dollar.
    If your work is being taken away by low skilled 3rd world labor, you need to find another niche. The game has changed, if the Chinese took your high volume simple work with long lead times, specialize in quick turn around low volume complicated work. I have specialized machinery that I can still charge good rates on that 3rd world countries still can't touch my prices on low volume, and I bill all my time from programming, set-up, run, cleaning and packaging. You have to learn to pick the battles you can win.
    Lanty is not the enemy, he is just trying to feed his family like the rest of us. If you want to be mad at lost jobs, direct your anger at the USA companies that built plants in China, a government that doesn't protect it's manufacturing base, companies that outsource tech support to India, etc.
    You can also help your own cause by spending as much of you consumer dollar in your home country as you can. I don't know how many people scream about lost jobs in the USA while buying Chinese tires instead of ones made in the USA.

请不要吃我!我知道如何修理东西。

Quote Originally Posted by MattTheNoob View Post
    请不要吃我!我知道如何修理东西。
    ROTFL that's funny

Not meant as an insult. I see China playing their cards right, and this country doing everything it can to make itself weaker. When our value drops low enough, we'll just be a soft, soggy food source for the rest of the world.

I'd recommend starting with the lawyers and politicians. Mechanics, laborors and machinists will be tough and stringy, and probably contaminated with oils and heavy metals.

Quote Originally Posted by lpmfg View Post
    Pictured below is the diaphragm, the only thing i need is the High temperature silicone Nomex reinforced part the are about 3" wide 1" tall
    I will need orders of 50 min.
    That's going to be a big bucks part in small quantities. I regularly deal in aerospace parts that are made using EXACTLY those materials and methods.

You're going to need to find a company with a lot of specialized equipment: calendering rollers to embed the nomex into the silicone, mixing equipment for dealing with the silicone, heated presses to cure the silicone, etc, etc.

Now that I've given you the bleak reality that this probably isn't suitable in those quantities unless you're talking about a customer with deep pockets, here is the company that can help you:

Specialty Rubber Products, Radar Absorbing Material, Organic Elastomers, Inorganic Elastomers - Kirkhill Elastomers - Esterline Engineered Materials
    Greg