586,089 active members*
3,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Skills USA

Skills USA

hopefully this fourm will be of some help
    im a senior at EHOVE career center in the manufacturing trades program and i compete in the Skills USA CNC mill comp.
    my teacher is a great help, but id really like to do as much as possiable to get more prepared for the state comp.
    if anyone can post any tests or general knowledge that i should know or that you would be teaching your students id highly appricate it.
    at comp we will be using a Faunc controller
    seriously, any comments or knowledge you can share would be great

Exclamation Welcome to the forum

Hi smackers6684 ,

To the best of my knowledge, there was nothing (yr. 2000) available to prepare somebody for the state competition other than what they had from their own instructional program (I was one of the ‘judges’ for “Skill U.S.A. Precision Machining Regional Contest 2000” - San Bernardino, CA). However, whether there is anything of the sort available now, I still don't know.

But, what I do know is that the purpose of this kind of contest is to evaluate your skills and knowledge acquired through your classroom and laboratory teaching/learning environment as applied to precision machining technology. The fact that you are participating in this contest indicates that you have been recognized not only for your interest in the field of precision machining but also for your past achievements in the subject matter. The best prep for this contest you can get is from your instructor!

Best wished in your educational objectives….