586,094 active members*
3,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Problem - Pendant Link Failure

Problem - Pendant Link Failure

We posted a few weeks ago regarding some general problems with the Arrow 1000 having some random and untraceable issues with stability. We cleaned all the boards in the PC and the system is now very stable. However, we are still encountering a primary pendant link failure every so often, usually when the pendant is being handled.

Any thoughts as to what the issue could be?

Thanks.

primary link fail

hello my experiences would suggest that you have a connection problem with the pendant. i would suggest seperating the pendant face plate from the black body of the pendant ( remove the six screws and pull it apart ) and checking the internal connections. it is possible that you have a damaged case and that the damage is allowing the pendant to flex and causing the primary pendant link fail. if there is no damage and no loose internal connections then you are left with no other option than to change the pendant
    regards
    mallardfizz

Ditto on mallardfizz's recommendation! I've had this same problem for 2 years or more now, and have gotten that same diagnosis from many sources. As of yet it hasn't stopped me, it just takes a while to get the machine started (when I do shut it off, which isn't very often...).

The rebuilt pendant is over $2500 as I recall, so we're holding out until we have no choice (not my decision).

Rgds,
    John B

I just started having this problem last night and think it may be in the cable between the pendant and the monitor.

Heinster

You might try updating the diagnostic s/w in the control before ordering any parts. Contact the tech support group at Siemens - they can e-mail it to you. Hot Line#800 879 8079

HELP ME

Primary Pendant Link Fail.

Cause: The communication link which connects the primary pendant to the control has failed with the following error. The MSL detected an analog to digital converter failure returned by bbbcfg.

Remedy: check that cables are properly plugged in and appear to be.

Can you borrow a pendant from somebody to see if that fixes the problem? IIRC there are two different type connectors. Every once in a while you can find one on Ebay for around $1K.

I had one that would not start when switched appeared that alarm. So it may be that the pendant is not compatible with the machine?

wait for the update....

takes to update?

I had received same alarm once couple of weeks back. In my case the problem was due to winding cable connecting the pendant and monitor.