586,103 active members*
3,547 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak - Milling spindle repair - Integrex 200SY

Help Please,

Does anyone have a spindle bearing replacement procedure for this or ANY Mazak belt driven milling spindle. 1999 Integrex 200 SY - turret is a typeI 6000rpm unit. I have read elsewhere that these bearings are "field serviceable"

The machine has 2 ring gears which drive the spindle. The backlash between them is huge and causing the noise. The machine hasn't run much in this condition because there is no tooth damage on the gears.
    It is likely due to looseness in the rear spindle bearing. I would like to send it out but am very short of cash and need to use the machine ASAP for at least 6-9 months before I could consider big money rebuild.

What is the factory backlash for these gears?
    What are the reassembly torque specs?
    What is the general dissassembly/reassembly procedure?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Rob
    [email protected]

factory backlash for these gears IS 0.015MM
    reassembly torque specs IS 0.030MM

Mazak Integrex Repair Bearing replacement

Bearing replacement for any high end CNC spindle is a lot more than just inserting a new set of bearings and that is especially true for the milling spindle on an Integrex.

The rear roller is tapered and the preload is set with a precision ground spacer. This spacer is specifically ground for each bearing. That is, every time we replace the rear bearing we may need to manufacture and grind a new spacer. The procedure for determining the thickness of the spacer is too complicated to explain in detail here. But it includes temporarily setting the rear roller for proper preload, using gage blocks to determine spacer thickness, transferring that thickness to a micrometer and then grinding the spacer to micron tolerances.

If your budget is tight and you must get production out you might try it and just reuse the existing spacer. As a manager for a spindle repair company I wouldn’t recommend it. However, sometimes small shops have to do whatever it takes to keep going. Mazak typically uses a NTN roller. If that’s not available you can use a NSK N1012BTKRCC1P4. But if all possible I strongly recommend sending the spindle to a qualified repair shop with experience on Integrex spindles. The cost might be a little painful. But I think in the long run you’ll come out ahead.

Concerning the front bearings; these are back to back mounting so they there is no spacer. The front cover may need to be ground to get proper capture on the outer races. This tolerance is a little larger. However, before you get to the front bearings you will have to dismantle most of the spindle and remove the hydraulic rotor. The Integrex has a magnetic rotor so you have to be very careful to use the minimum temperature required for re-installation. In other words send it to a good spindle repair shop.

This article shows some of the things that go into a Mazak Integrex spindle repair. Please let me know if you find it helpful. Spindle Repair Questions, high speed spindles, spindle repairs, spindles

If you have a spindle problem give us a call. We’d be glad to help you over the phone if we can. And we answer the phone.

ClaudeV

spindle assembly

spindle bearings are angular contact bearing in most of the cases and they are fitted in back to back position. I think this may help you

Abnormal Sound In VMC 400 Spindle And Chattering Mark On Job & Spindle Assembly Of VMC 400 Machine.

PBA-Spindles offers a complete line of machine tool spindles and specializes in machine tool spindle retrofitting and machine tool spindle rebuilding.
    Spindle Repair Service in SouthEast Asia - PBA Spindles