586,060 active members*
4,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HD3070 upgrade

This question is aimed at Jim Colt from Hypertherm, but if any body has an HD3070 and has installed the new upgrade kit, let me know what you think of the increase in performance.
    I have been looking at the HSD130, but am wondering if buying a used HD3070 power supply and installing the torch upgrade kit and new leads would be a cost effective alternative. The used machine supposedly has low hours on it, but it is used, and the lack of warranty could pose problems down the road. I bought a used Powermax 900 five years ago, and other than replacing the hand torch has nver given us any problems and gets lots of use.
    Will the HD3070 require special add-ons like remote and ATHC that are no longer available?
    Any advice will be appreciated.

We bought a used HD3070 setup and upgraded the torch immediately. We never cut with the machine with the old torch (PAC184), but the published literature showing the improved consumable life was worth the cost for us. We passed up a few different units until we found one with both low hours and upgraded boards.

Your going to need a 3070, an RF box, the off valve, a manual or auto gas console, you don't need the remote current box unless you want it. You will need a good torch height lifter & control as it's very picky about maintaining arc voltage to get a good cut.

The off valve, cables, hoses and 3070 to gas console interconnects cost us around $3500 over the cost of the machine. Our machine came with an RF box and manual gas console. If you have to buy those separately the RF box is like $3-4k and the Gas console are more, a lot more. The torch upgrade kit was around $3k with consumables for both mild and stainless. I think the sensor phc setup we got was around $6-8k. I can't remember.

The machine uses a lot more gas then our old komatsu hd setup. I mean a LOT. But it also cuts about 3 times as fast. So if your x-y table isn't really capable of positioning & accurately interpolating arcs at 80 ipm I think I would fix that first.

Let me know if you need any parts or replacement machine
    https://supplychain.requis.com/procu..._records/68089