586,062 active members*
4,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Fanuc Compact Flash to USB

Fanuc Compact Flash to USB

Hello,

Has anyone converted thier compact flash to USB on thier Fanuc control? I really want to move everything to USB in the shop to make it eaiser.

Man I am going through the same crap. I am looking into wireless network instead now and using the rs232. I have five machines already wired with rs232 and cat5 but just bought another machine am having problems with memory cards already.

fanuc had fell behind on this and they have left it up to the machine tool builders to install a usb. i beleive you can add a usb using the second rs232 plug on the main cpu board. i have read about this either in the fanuc maintenance manuals or the hardware connection manuals. i am sorry i don't remember but note the data will only transfer at rs232 speed much as when we started taking our floppy drives and converting to usb the control will only process at the original speed.

If they are windows based, it (should) be possible to use these. Thats assuming they have one of course!
    Extra Value 4 Port Hi-speed USB 2.0 Cardbus PCMCIA.. | Ebuyer.com
    Cardbus to USB hubs. Thats assuming the cardbus slots on the control itself are compliant. Might be worth giving it a try, they can be had for less than £10.

cnc doc, Thank you for that information. So I am confined to the speed of the RS232. Good to know, that answers on of my questions. I have an old Fanuc M15 and I want to go from a new computer via USB to the RS 232 port on the NCR4A-2519 and dip feed. Do you know if it is possible to make a cable that will allow this?

I guess I will update my post here. I am looking for some way to use a jump drive with the Fanuc control. Either through the RS232 port or the compact flash port. So if someone has an idea of this please contact me.