586,121 active members*
3,701 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

086 DR signal off

I have a Hwacheon vertical lathe center with two spindles. The control is a Fanuc 18T, I have set up Muti DNC it is working with the OT controls on my other lathes but I keep getting the 086 DR Signal off alarm on the 18T. I am using three wire connections from a DB25 at the machine to a db9 RS232 switch. Pin 2-2, 3-3, and 7-5. 4&5 as well as 6, 8, &20 jumped at the machine side. We have a lap top with a wire that was made by someone else several years ago, and when it is hooked up we do not get the 086 alarm. I am wondering if I need to go to a different wiring schema on this machine. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Other than cable, I have had a bad port i.c. chip with 086 alarm.
    I don't recall if the 18 has another configurable port, but most Fanuc systems do.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

086 DR Signal off

try connecting the cabel and computer before you turn on the machine.

my hitachy seiky needs this ...

vr gr bertus.nl

Firs you have to check what por in the cnc is conectc, so then you have to set up the appropiate value in the I/O Channel parameter. And you have two ports in the cnc. You need to be the optional parameters active for enable the second port.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by GPdriver View Post
    I have a Hwacheon vertical lathe center with two spindles. The control is a Fanuc 18T, I have set up Muti DNC it is working with the OT controls on my other lathes but I keep getting the 086 DR Signal off alarm on the 18T. I am using three wire connections from a DB25 at the machine to a db9 RS232 switch. Pin 2-2, 3-3, and 7-5. 4&5 as well as 6, 8, &20 jumped at the machine side. We have a lap top with a wire that was made by someone else several years ago, and when it is hooked up we do not get the 086 alarm. I am wondering if I need to go to a different wiring schema on this machine. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Have you checked the resistance betweens pins 6-8, 6-20, and 8-20 on the NC end? Can you try using the cable from the laptop on the Multi-DNC PC?

Dan Fritz suggests instead of jumping 6, 8, and 20 on the NC end, jump 6 & 8, then connect those to pin 4 on the PC end.

Quote Originally Posted by GPdriver View Post
    If the cable from the lap top keeps the DSR (pin 6) at the control turned on, and your cable that has 6,8, and 20 bridged does not, then I'd say that the lap top cable probably has pin 4 from the lap top connected to 6 at the control, as suggested by dcoupar. Pin 4 of the DB9 connector is equivalent to pin 20 of the DB25 connector.

To check why the usual cable pin out is not working, check the voltage between pin 20 and 7 of the DB25 connector at the control. For logic 1 it should be +3 to +25v. If not, then you may have an issue with the cable between the DB25 female connector and the I/O board or the port its self. A work around could be to do as dcoupar suggested and power the DSR pin of the control from the DTR (pin 4) of the PC.

Regards,

Bill

It ended up being a bad soldering job on the 25 pin jumper. all I did was re-solder the jumper and all is well. Sometimes the guy doing my soldering work thinks to much of himself (me). Thanks all for your help