586,106 active members*
2,992 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Good Aluminum Supplier

Hi twocik,

Frist thanks for starting this thread. Good Information.

I tried Industrial Metal Sales on some 1 1/2 Aluminum Bar Stock for a 2" X 72" Belt Grinder that I am currently building. They had reasonable prices and also reasonable UPS rates from Michigan to Florida. I will probably place my order today.

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    Fry delivers too. They won't do residential delivery so I have it set up with a shop about 5 miles away for them to deliver there.
    Steve,

Before IMS opened in Riverside, I bought 6061-T6 from the IMS store in Irvine. They delivered to a residential location in Corona for free. I would then take my HF 4X6 bandsaw or chopsaw with 10" non-ferrous carbide tipped blade down and cut the 12’ lengths in half and hauled the 6’ lengths up to the mountains in my Toy truck. The Tacoma will haul 6’ lengths flat with the tailgate down or not flat with the tailgate up. Also I have a sliding rear window so longer pieces such as the 10’ long I-beams (or 10' lumber from Lowes)can go though the sliding window. Ratcheting tie downs keep the load from moving and red flag keep it legal.

Don

Got the metal from Yarde today!

Actual metal weighed less than the invoice; so final price was $2.30 delivered. A little less than the price I would pay from Dillon locally, and I don't have to buy 12' bars or pay cutting costs.

--Bryan

Page 2 of 2 12