586,117 active members*
3,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    Ya, re-installing Windows shouldn't be needed if it's a fresh install. I was just worried about an old install with lots of extra programs installed. If you do re-install windows, install a generic version, not the factory OEM recovery CD with all that extra crap. PC's come with so much useless garbage installed right from the factory these days. Some of it is practically verging on being a virus - including some of the virus checking software I've seen included with some PCs.

Regards,
    Mike

I spent almost a year working with a camsoft conversion on my mill, and although there was one problem after another.You'll find the moderators and knowledgeable contributors on this list, a better resource than "factory support". Not that they weren't professional on the phone, but never seemed to come through. .
    I'm curiously watching this thread to see how long before any detrimental comments are deleted .......i've seen threads disapear ..

To Wcarmn, capsteve and to all:

If you want to tell us who you are and write to us your company name or SN#. One of the others here will look into your circumstances and resolve whatever the issue is that you want to tell us about.

We fully realize that your installer will have another side to the story. We know this and you have rights too and you can't be operating a dangerous machine. We'll deal with a equipment manufacture or installer directly to resolve disputes or offer you updates, spare parts and or on-site service calls.

When people write stuff like this there's it's always surrounding a special circumstance otherwise if you want help you will get it.

Many of our customers will say we have the best technical support in the business and we can say if you are a CamSoft customer with current software you will be offered the help you need from either on-site service calls or free unlimited personal phone conversations with engineers.

There is no reason on our side not to offer anyone help if they want it. Even if you bought a used system, have old software and are out of maintenance, not purchased the system from us, have dealer or installations problems. Even if you're not a CamSoft customer we always will offer the help you need. Current customers get free tech help. Others will be offered help and sometimes it's not free. The only thing that would stand between getting help or not is you accepting it.

You can say what you want. We know we're doing the right thing. The sad part about this is that the truth is not being told. People often think they are entitled or don't like the offer and tell stories or else in many of the cases on the zone the stories have been directly traced back to non-customers and competitors spreading rumors.

Help will be offered to anyone that wants it.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110
    PC Based CNC Control For The Machine Tool CNC Retrofit And CNC Controller OEM Market
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by camsoft View Post
    The sad part about this is that the truth is not being told.
    No doubt when selected post are deleted!

People often think they are entitled or don't like the offer and tell stories or else in many of the cases on the zone the stories have been directly traced back to non-customers and competitors spreading rumors.
    I really don't think the competition is worried (my opinion).

Darek

Your not the only one!!!

Wcarmn,

I wish I could be as eloquent as you. Our experience was very similar. Camsoft is the single worst software company I have ever dealt with.
    It always looks very expensive at first (professional motion controls) but I'll bet that 12K for a Siemans unit would be less costly in the long run then the Camsoft product which just failed you.

Sorry to hear about it, Good Luck.

Ps. The Heidenhain controllers are virtually bullet proof - even the older ones (90's) and you can get them used, for less then what you spent. - 1990 controls are still supported - 20 yrs - pretty good.

Dear Sir,

We are sure your experiences are not what you say they are. SEE END OF POST.

Without even knowing who you are we are sure we offered you help and good support plus we are also sure that our dealer / installer would of made recommendations that would of helped you. You may not of liked what we or they had to say and your project suffered so that's the reason for your bad experience. At this point it's a one sided story. We don't even know if you're using a current system or not or if you used your own installer.

We know in our heart we do the right thing and we are always more than fair about it. We use reputable dealers and keep the ones the customers like.

This is not new to us. We have thousands of customers. It's our 30th year in business and from time to time we have to mediate disputes between our dealers and customers.

We admit sometimes our hands are tied when a dealer is involved. Usually it's no fault of either party. Things happen. Sometimes they are beyond our control and what usually happens is that the scope of the project changes after it begins. Usually pre-existing equipment needs to be replaced or extra labor is involved that was not foreseen and a dispute arises. If the installer made recommendations to finish your project that you did not accept or you owe them money this leaves the project hanging.

We can tell the purpose of you writing is an attack, you don't want help. You started this. We believe you are falsely trying to dis-credit us and saying so to turn the table. We are going to defend our selves. No one likes people that spend rumors. Tell us you are and we'll tell the people here the real story about your company.

At least tell us if you are xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx that bought an AS3000 CAD/CAM system back in 2002 and got mad at one of the other support techs here for not drawing your parts from blue prints for you for "free" and wanted to return the system on that basis.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110
    PC Based CNC Control For The Machine Tool CNC Retrofit And CNC Controller OEM Market
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Dear rmarchjr,

Is this xxxxxxxxxxxxx?

The gentleman that wrote a nasty letter to Galil a few years ago. Galil called here to discuss this with us. We should let you know that they did not agree with your assessment of their products. They took offense to what you said. Even Delta Tau the company that made the original motion card you replace with a Galil, did not agree with the reason you wanted to replace their system either.

Although the sole basis for the problem was not the motion card, software nor the support.

Our notes say that you didn't begin the project when you received the system. That you began the project after you allowed the maintenance and support to expire. One of the tech notes here say that by the time you started the project the harddisk was reformatted and you lost Windows XP and the Mother Board installation drivers on CD's. At the time you wanted to get the PC running again. we gave you a web-page where you could download the mother board drivers and recommended that you explain what happened to MicroSoft because they do allow and will give you another license code password to get Windows XP going again on the same PC. The notes say that we offered you a new CD and made recommendations for continued maintenance and support along with a current CamSoft installation CD but you declined.

I think the people here can decide for themselves who's starting rumors and who's has personal issues.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110

CamSoft

Wow!
    I have been doing research about CamSoft and looking for feedback to setup my old Motion Master machine, this does not look good.
    I watched the Demo and this looks like exactly what I need to do to get this old machine up and running, but I am not to thrilled about the Windows 98 format.

Todd,

You're right. It does not look good. That's what they want you to think.

Your case is not their case.

Motion Master went of business a long time ago. Our sales manager went to work for them back in the 90's. Some of the movies of these routers are very old. Most of the movies are newer than the Windows 98 days when these were shot.

The installation CD has choices for Windows 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 these days.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110

Windows 98

The format I am talking about is the program itself. But, I guess if it works like you want it to, it really does not matter what it looks like.

Todd,

Actually this photo is of Windows XP.

There are many different style operator screens you can use.

The system does have the means for you to set up the features and functions by placing bitmaps of buttons, light bulbs, displays, readouts, gauges, multiple function knobs, pull down list, toggle switches that are virtual on the operator screen. You may also connect over 400 physical buttons as well.

How attractive the bitmapped-images are on the operator interface is up to you. You can do this yourself using Bitmap images from our library of drag & drop control objects or your own photos. There's no special skills needed such VB, C++ or Ladder logic.

We usually start with a similar operator interface with all the generic operator functions. We will show you how to customize the user screen, features and functions. The Professional version couples real-time solid modeled tool animation for previewing actual machine cuts before pressing cycle start.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110

Format

Maybe I should have been more descriptive....
    I know CamSoft is not a Windows 98 program; it just has the Windows 98 look to it. One's first impression is that this is an outdated piece of software.
    I am sure it works great; it's just not appealing to the eye. I am not expecting to have a Ribbon menu, but something a little bit more up to date.
    I guess because the software being able to be customized by the user, with the drag and drop, is why it has that 'Basic' look to it. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, just giving my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddS View Post
    I know CamSoft is not a Windows 98 program; it just has the Windows 98 look to it. One's first impression is that this is an outdated piece of software.
    I am sure it works great; it's just not appealing to the eye.
    You mean you don't like the shag rug background!

Sorry, just couldn't resist.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Please explain this...

Camsoft,

When I called you and wanted a $3.99 replacement CD of the software I already paid you thousands for. Your response was "well you must upgrade and pay another $3000+."

I didn't want your new software, only a CD copy of what I purchased. Please explain that to everyone here. Why did you NOT replace a damaged CD? That was your choice and I believe you were hoping to grab more money for the same machine because it was not running and we needed it up.

For everyone else - It did take over 1 year to get their system up and operating - we only paid support for that one year and used it all of three times due to other installation issues. It is reasonable functional today.

Now a few years later and with a lot of experience with multiple vendors, YOU ARE THE WORST CNC VENDOR I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!! Please use my comments and get better, I hope for all these people's sakes you will improve.

But right now - Why wouldn't replace the damaged CD with a new one of the exact same version? We can even take poll and see who believes you did the right thing. You and I both know that you did not.

In case you were not aware Mazak, Mitsu, Hiedenhain, Siemans, Hardage, all these vendors and others would never have done what you did. If you purchase their products they support them. If software fails- or a hard disk goes bad they do NOT ask you buy it again- replacement isn't free but it is a small percentage of the original purchase. (i.e. 10%)

So guess what- we use all of them and they make money on upkeep and new sales. No more cash going to you EVER- based on your performance.

I think I will start that poll...but would love to you explain.

rmarchjr,

No fancy explanation needed. Back in 2005 you wanted to get the PC running again. We gave you a web-page where you could download the mother board drivers. There's no cost for this.

You started the project too late and requested extra work.

If you recall you and the gentleman you hired Richard actually needed and requested more than just the CD. The quote was for the custom work that needed to be done and for an update to newer version which we explained to Richard that we do charge for. If we were going to customize the system, we would do it with the current version at the time. Not the old one.

The Galil people were upset with your comments. They were going to charge us for replacements CD. The charge was small. You could download these as well . You exaggerated some what. It was not $3000, it was $499 the first time in 2005 that we offered and $1,299 after more time went by. Some one there then decided not to except our quote for the custom labor and Richard decided to customize the system himself.

We're glad it's reasonable functional still today. We realize you were the buyer not the installer and maybe not heard the whole story from your staff but these facts are important to get right.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110

Quote Originally Posted by ToddS View Post
    I am sure it works great; it's just not appealing to the eye. I am not expecting to have a Ribbon menu, but something a little bit more up to date.
    I guess because the software being able to be customized by the user, with the drag and drop, is why it has that 'Basic' look to it. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, just giving my personal opinion.
    If you're after eye candy, I suppose the default screens don't get it. Don't let this thread and the default screens make your decision. Just read this entire forum, you will find a large number of folks with very successful Camsoft machines.

IMHO, Camsoft is the most capable PC based control you can buy. I will conceed it is difficult to do your first install especially if you have no experience or a high aptitude for this sort of work.

Karl

Originally Posted by ToddS

ToddS

We strongly second Karl's statements!

Make a sketch, drawing, or picture of what you consider an up to date CNC operating screen. We will create that screen with the CamSoft CNC Pro software operating with Win7, convert it to a .pdf for an email attachment and send it to you no charge.

Del

I agree. These folks treated us good. Their system is working for us and their tech support is excellent.
    I feel they helped me so I should help them. I don't need another system but if I did I would do business with these folks again.

John,

When anyone's opinion crosses the line into claims we feel that necessary for the people in a public forum to have all the facts and for us to refrain from expressing opinion. We believe this is just as important and is within our rights as well.

Opinion is one thing but if a person or company presents an untrue fact that is made and those claims are made under malice, are inaccurate, done so with the purpose to mislead and or disrupt business then this is grounds for a law suit. To some this is fun and games or about getting mis-guided revenge but this is our business and we take it seriously.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110

..............done so with the purpose to mislead and or disrupt business then this is grounds for a law suit..
    :drowning:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

Honestly, did you not realize you were typing that?

I looked into your product in 1994. The demo crashed but the literature was real glossy and so impressive.

You were smoke and mirrors then and you are still at it today. Trying to defend Camsoft's honor on this or any forum you do not own is a fools errand.

Doug

Page 2 of 3 123