586,656 active members*
3,455 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach3 Punch Press Screen Needed

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Mach3 screen for a Strippit 30/30 Super A/G 2-axis non-turret punch press or should I consider making one myself? The main functions I need are Home, MDI, Jog (^v><), Grid corner specified (pattern), Bolt hole circle (pattern), circular nibble (pattern), and Stop. I would probably use zero functions for X-Y if I had them, but I don't have them know. Ideally it would be nice to have a touch screen, but it is probably out of my budget. I have attached a picture of the old burned out controller.

Also, I have started a forum with some questions on my punch press project and I would appreciate any and all advise / input, so please stop by my forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011-02-07 17.09.32.jpg  

I did a retrofit of a CNC turret punch press 2 years ago. It's video is available at [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pthkc0yf3o"]YouTube - &#x202a;CNC Turret Punch retrofit with Mach3&#x202c;&rlm;[/nomedia]. Your punching must be hydraulic powered, for it you'll need macro programming using the inputs from different position sensors and outputs to solenoid valves. I can provide the screens but the macro programming is totally dependent on machine design which you'll have to handle yourself.

Zafar

Zafarsalam, thank you for your reply. My machine is a simple non-turret machine that is driven by two rotating flywheels with no hydraulics. My machine also only has a x-axis and y-axis that are driven by two separate stepper motors connected to a worm drive and an optical encoder on each for position feed back.
    I got the original controller working since my last post, but I would still like to replace it with a newer controller and I am considering writing my own gui based software for this machine and modeling it on the original interface with some improvements. I want to keep the software simple, I don't want to have to hire or train a G-code programmer just to punch and nibble holes, that would be counter productive in my case.

Mach3 would be best to send pulses to the stepper motors. If you have experience with Mach3 then you can design a custom screen for your application and also program wizards for common punching tasks which can automate the process of generating g-codes.

Zafarsalam Hello, I started modification to a TRUMPF and
    240 which is completely or correct hydraulic and servo motor drive I did D / A converters for the step / dir in *-10v if you can help out around the screen and at least one macro that is important or if you want to sell konpletno install Mach 3 for a machine the more your order and I adapted it to my machine
    Best regards and happiness in work
    [email protected]

aluplastvz,

I've sent email to your yahoo address. Check it out.

Zafar