586,100 active members*
3,125 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > CNC Fusion X3 Deluxe Kit Ball Nuts

CNC Fusion X3 Deluxe Kit Ball Nuts

I accidently set the balls free on my X axis ball nut in my Deluxe Kit (x3) during install. :nono: But then I realized I needed them back, but they did not want to come back. I think they wanted to be free. Mom always told me if you love something set it free, and if comes back it loves you too. I think these little ******** hate me!

After much hard work I was able to capture 68 of them. I think that was all of them. They refuse to tell me if there was anymore that escaped, even when I water-boarded them. :drowning: So I think I am good!

So I tried to put them back in their ball nut prison, but in the process I damaged their grey deflectors and the seals on either end. Complete FAIL on my part! :violin:

So now I have these 68 balls that I can't get into their prison and I have to watch them 24 hours a day until the new prison shows up (which I ordered from you guys 2 days ago). I am obviously getting tired, one of them even tried to escape. But no luck, I caught the little bastard!

I ordered a new ball nut from CNC FUSION, but I have recieved no response from them to see if they got my order and a shipment date. I hope it is pre-loaded since I am obviously incompetent and I hope it comes soon (early next week). I think the balls are planning an escape again tonight! :wee:

2. Is there any way to get the deflectors and 2 seals so I can attempt to fix the ball nut I have already? Mom always said, son use what ya got even though it may not be much. So I want to try again to rebuild the prison. I think it terrifies the little ******** when I am working on their prison in front of them. Any body know who makes the ball nuts for CNC FUSION Deluxe kit? Can I get parts for a ball nut?

I think one of the balls is staring at me.............

Thanks!

Well hand them to the wife or gf...or send them to CNCFusion and he will reload them for you.

Paul

You can reload those the same way other reload the linearmotionbearings ball nuts. It takes time but I have done it over 10 times by now. You have to put them in each circuit 1 at a time.

If your nut does not have a removable return you can still re pack it fairly easy.

You will need a tube the size of your screws minor diameter. It does not have to be perfect but close. some tape might help,you also need some thick grease.

Roll all the balls in some grease in a bowl. Coat the inside of the nut with a coat of grease. Using a piece of wire pack the return line with balls. Then one at a time stick the rest of the balls to the inside of the nut. Roll them slightly to remove the space between balls and make them stick. When all the balls are stuck insert the spacer and then put the ball nut back on the screw by just screwing it on. The spacer must meat the ball nut flush and not move the the side.

It is not that hard if the spacer fits the screw well. I made mine on the lathe with a nub to fit a hole that I had on the end of the screw. I had to flip a nut on a screw to have it mount properly with a preloaded NOOK screw.

I work over a cloth that stops the little buggers from escaping.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Thanks everyone, but I blew it. I damaged some of the grey return inserts and CNC Fusion informed he does not think the parts can be ordered. It is a shame since the ballnut is very nicely machined.

I will upload a picture of the old one I blew up when I get home.

So I went ahead and payed the $95.00 for replacement ballnut and since he has to order that I went ahead and purchased a new x axis ball nut/screw (new type according to Michael) for $180.00. I want to get up and running again ASAP. lol

I guess I will have a spare x axis ballnut/screw in case I have a brain fart again.