586,089 active members*
3,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New 5 ft Dynatorch on its way!

Just wanted to say hello, been cruising the site for over a year but just signed up since I just bought a new Dynatorch system. Building a 5 x 10 table in the shop as we speak.

This site has been extremely helpful with picking the right system, and I should find out in a week or so when it shows up! I am new to the plasma table game, but will try and help others out, just as they have helped me, in areas that I am more knowledgeable in.

You should be happy with it. The post sale support is tops. My suggestions to you before you fire it up is to GROUND it well! I had many problems with ours and it seems to tie to ground issues. DT was behind us all the way to clear the problem.

Ours cuts get better and better the longer we have it. Probably due to the learning curve but we sure like it.

Did you get the we-cim/cutting shop package?

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

I have already been warned about the grounding issues that can come up, so I did a bit of forward thinking back in October and put in some ground rods before the winter.

I haven't bought the We-Cim or cutting shop software yet, I was going to try out the standard stuff along with the sheet cam and illustrator.

What are your thoughts on the we-cim and cutting shop? Its quite expensive, so I was going to investigate it more before buying.

We purchased the we-cim/CS package about a month after original purchase, I really never used sheetcam. So, I my be partial to we-cim/CS, but......I do not think I could do without it know. We do mostly 1/2" and up plasma and oxy on AR plate, so I need to get the most out of our material. The nesting in this package is really good. The on-line training is very helpful and Gary from we-cim covers alot of ground during training.

Cutting shop, while industrial like, has many artistic features used by sign guys and metal artists. Last week I had a really difficult part to draw, it had lots of curves and angles and to top it off was metric. All I had was a cut off piece and a paper template. I scanned it on my A3 size scanner and simply traced it in CS, exported it as a DXF and opened in AutoCad to check hole diameters and overall dims and it was spot on. Ran it through we-cim and cut within minutes. The scanning took the longest, my scanner is slow.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com