586,075 active members*
4,151 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: X Reversed

X Reversed

I've had this problem since I got the mill up and running but for what I was doing it didn't matter but now I will be moving onto other projects . + and - are reversed in the X axis, Y and Z are fine. Looks to me I wired the wires correct so is there a setting I should check?

Change the Direction bit

Look in Config/ports and pins/motor outputs. If the X axis Direction bit is set to "Low active", click that box so it changes to "high active" - or vise-versa. That should change the motor direction: Positive X should move the bed of the mill to the left (your left, as you're facing it); negative X moves are to the right.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com — Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software

Quote Originally Posted by mishawaka View Post
    I've had this problem since I got the mill up and running but for what I was doing it didn't matter but now I will be moving onto other projects . + and - are reversed in the X axis, Y and Z are fine. Looks to me I wired the wires correct so is there a setting I should check?

How are judging that X is backwards? You have to judge the direction of movement as if the spindle were moving (even if the table actually moves). For example if you jog to the right then the table will move to the left (same effect as spindle was moving right.) The same thing goes for the Y-axis on most machines. For the X axis jogging up (+) is up (away from table) and down (-) is towards table.
    Jeff Birt