586,058 active members*
4,449 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Designing Spindle Speed Controller - Need Digispeed Specs

Designing Spindle Speed Controller - Need Digispeed Specs

I've already completed the hardware portion of the controller (and it's working) and now need info to make it compatible to DigiSpeed/TurboCNC interface. TCNC is using the step/dir mode, my question is what's the minimum pulse width for digispeed and what's the maximum allowable update rate. My controller is standalone, i.e., connect direct to power plug of your spindle unlike digispeed which connect to the potentiometer.

Anyone has source code for TCNC and can check the coding related to the digispeed control? Your help is appreciated and, once tested, I'll post the schematic/layout here in CNCZone.
    Stupid questions make me smarter...
    See how smart I've become at www.9w2bsr.com ;-P

Abasir,

I'm just heading down this road myself but for Mach3. Did you make any more progress on this ?

Thanks

Hey,
    The PWM is for Mach2/3. The step/dir input is for TCNC. I use the Digispeed via PWM with Mach3 to control my 5HP Automation Direct GS2 AC drive. Works well. I recommend that you email Peter Homann directly if you have questions about the Digispeed and TCNC. www.homanndesigns.com