Hey guys, awesome forum, I don't have any formal training or experience with CNC's but I have learnt allot from You Tube vids, I’m sure I need to learn more.
I have an eye on one second hand CNC centre (CNC Machining Centre, Mori Seiki Model SV 50) in Australia, (As I live in Australia) its allot of money for me to buy and I don't want to make a mistake.
So I'm wondering do I need specific CAD and CAM software to run this machine? And would the CAD and CAM still be available for this machine as this machine is a few years old.
I should explain I would like to CAD design automotive components (preferably not structural as I don't have an engineering degree) but components such as fuel and oil pumps, oil pans, side mirrors and some interior, using billet and sheet aluminum etc. Convert that to CAM then feed the CAM machine language into the CNC. I believe that's how it works?
I guess I need general advice on this, im not even sure what else to ask I just don’t know enough.
The actual machine I have in mind does not have the cutting bits and the seller cannot tell me if it has the appropriate software and manuals to run it. Im guessing it runs off firmware?
This is the same type of machine on You Tube, to me it looks sweet but any advice would be great.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qfqjIT-MLY"]YouTube - 2650 MORI SEIKI SV-50[/nomedia]