586,094 active members*
3,825 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anilam 3200 problem

I recently purchased a cnc knee mill with an Anilam 3200mk control. I started the control up and it gave me a message:
    Pri Master HDD error
    Run set up
    Press F1 to Resume
    (pressed F1 and got this message)
    Searching for boot record from floppy.. Ok
    Starting ROM-DOS
    Bad or missing shell (command.com)
    A>

Can anyone help me with this ? Or tell me where to start looking.
    Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like it is one of two things. 1. There is a disc in the floppy disc drive. or 2. The back-up battery is dead. Since you say it is booted to "A>" (floppy disc drive)instead of "C>" the hard disc drive. If it is number 2 you will need to contact Anilam. They have a great guy working for them that can help you.

Contact info: 726-661-1883 Gerald W. Bouvier Jr. he is a great guy.

Thanks for the response Toolbit. There is a disc on in the drive. Anilam disc (ver PC 3.59/DSP 0.33z. ) Does there need to be a disc in the drive. I just got the machine,so i am not familiar with it. I try turning it on without the disc in and it doesn't boot up. I am gonna try calling the guy you suggested. Thanks again

Hi Kevin,
    No, normally there should not be a disk in the A: drive when booting up. You only do that when you are trying to load DOS or software or something of that nature. I think that your CMOS battery probably went dead (first thing to check because it's cheap and easy). Next thing would be to make sure the hard drive is indeed working.
    That fella Jerry at Anilam can help you. If not, let me know and I can e-mail some setup sheets to you.
    Good Luck! Tim

Kevin,

Tim is correct in what he said. I don't have the 3200 control my machine uses the Anilam 1100, this thing actually had 2 batteries one was 3.7 volt lithum battery that plugged into the mother board and the other was a 1/2 double A battery that solders in the board. I replaced the 3.7 volt battery and thought I was ready for help with the settings. Wrong, Gerald told me about the other one it's the same diameter as a AA battery but only half as long just pay attention to which end is positive and negative and cut the lead wire close to the old battery and solder in the new one. Maybe the 3200 doesn't have this. Sure would be easier.

I have taken everybodies advice and called Gerald at Anilam . He was a huge help. We have come to the conclusion the hard drive has failed. My hard drive showed up today and started working on it. We"ll see if that was the prolem and we can get the control up and runing. I"ll let ya know tomorrow what happens. Keep our fingers crossed.
    Thanks to everyone who has posted a reply and tried to help.
    Really appreciated

The new hard drive was put it and some adjustments were made and the machine is running. Running very well ! The servo motors are quiet and smooth. Can't wait to see it make some parts. Thanks Everyone.

Kevin,

Glad to hear that you have your machine running. You can't beat the service that Anilam's people provide. Great guys.

Have a great day.

Toolbit