586,058 active members*
3,826 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Leadwell MCV 550 Fanuc OM-A

I have a Fanuc OM-A controlled VMC. When I bought it was told the controll board was bad. Tha machine was sitting dormant for some time and the batterys had gone dead. I replaced the control board and re-entered the parameters. As I have read the diagnostics need to be entered first. However two of the parameters I need to enter keep changing. Parameters D320 D330. The machine seems to be in lockout or estop mode (regardless of estop button) as the servo drives, pneumatics do not power up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

IIRC you have to do your 900 parameters first. Not all of your PMC parameters will be to the original spec sheet. They change.

Here is are a few threads discussing how to restore your Oseries control. There are also PDF attachments in these threads that you can read.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/..._parity-2.html
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...arameters.html

Stevo

our leadwells are a bit newer, all have 0-C...unfortunately, the 0-A dont have a ladder display- youll need a printout.

just curious- does it have yellow or red cap servos?

Hopefully you have a ladder printout in your schematics. Fanuc uses X21.4 as the input for Estop, M1(pin 19), and in the first rung or two of the ladder X21.4 and some other contacts will enable G121.4 (*ESP into the CNC side)

get X21.4 and G121.4 on (will show a '1' in bit 4 of diagnostic 21 and 121) and your drives should AT LEAST click on- if they dont stay on, look at the LEDS on the drive cards, HCAL/TGLS usually from corroded plugs on a servo- X-Y servos are in a rough environment, if stored a long time with damp connectors, they are likely a bit corroded.

beyond ESTOP, they might have a enable relay, would have to look at ladder/schematics to see though...but sounds like its just stuck in estop- maybe a bad overtravel switch inhibiting estop, look thru the ladder.

in reading the Fanuc ladders, they split addressing into 3 areas- real world/CNC/PMC...
    X=real world input, Y=real world output, F=outputs from CNC into PMC side, G= outputs from PMC into CNC side, D are battery backed bits, otherwise same as R, all internal to the PMC side. most of the signals can be arbitrarily assigned by the person writing the logic, EXCEPT x16.5/17.5/18.5/19.5 decel inputs, x21.4 estop input, and the high-speed skip input- dont recall the addess for that one...the rest are all assignable.