586,051 active members*
3,883 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spindle orient problem

Hi Guys,

Got a bit of an iddue. I have a Fadal 3016FX with Fanuc 0i control. I posted my problem on the Fadal section, but was advised to also post here, so here we go;

Had a noisy belt, so just changed that.

Try to run M84 to synch everything up and it errors:

1174 M84 LOGR ARBITRARY DATA ERROR

If I try to orient the spindle it errors:

9081 SPN 1 :S-SPINDLE ERROR (AL-081)

I'm gonna have a search for info now, but hoped that maybe someone has some words of widsom.

Possibly the hall effect sensor?

Just checked the hall effect sensor.

I measure 20V at the red wire/earth.

The green wire is 20V, and 0V when the magnet passes the sensor.

Since the above finding I have found a little damage on the end of the hall effect sensor. looks like something got trapped between the spindle pulley and sensor at some point. But it still reads the 20V. However, measuring another sensor shows 23.1V. I don't know if they should read the same or not.

Can someone assist?

Regards

Matt.

9081 SPN_n_ : 1–ROT MOTOR
    SENSOR
    ERROR 81
    -------------------------------------
    1 Check and correct the parameter.
    2 Replace the feedback cable.
    Adjust the sensor.
    -------------------------------------
    The one–rotation signal of the motor
    sensor cannot be correctly detected.

Thanks for the reply. I already tried adjusting the sensor but to no avail.

I'm at a bit of a loss regarding the feedback cable as I don't know what this is, and also which parameter to check and what it should be when I do check it.

Sorry for my ignorance. I'm in Thailand and struggling with back up service for my Fadal. As it is no one wants to look at it mechanically so I have to do everything there. However, I'm not clued up about the electronic.

Regards,

Matt

Hello
    I will spare you my opinion on Fadal
    can you send a copy of the parameter list and the data sheet?
    I will look a little deeper into the mtb manual.
    is there a mechanical lock on Fadal?¨

Regards

Michael

Please check the parameter 4004 bit 3, and 4. If both of it are 0, it means you
    do not turn on the external sensor function.
    But if you are sure you just change the belt only, and did not play with the parameter.
    You don't need to check the parameter.
    Please check the connection of the magnetic sensor. The cable is loose or not?
    The connector is polluted by oil or not.

Alex

if the sensor had to be removed to service the belt, be sure the sensor and magnet are both oriented the same way- AND THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
    we had a guy swap a pulley/magnet once, found he did it upside down and then figured it was just easier to rotate the sensor to align the little marks- nope, they must be aligned AND that alignment has to be relative to motor shaft direction...
    its in the drive manuals, maybe worth doublechecking if someone else had it apart to do the belt.

Thanks for your replies.

I haven't figured this out yet.

The guy at MAG IAS, LLC tell me to replace these parts: WIR-0276 and ELE-3100

I must say that if I rotate the spindle to where the pulley magnet and sensor line up then the voltage measured on the pick up wire drops to zero.

Alexyu: I did not touch the parameters. I've changed belts a few times on this and not had a problem. Just run M84 to synch up and away we go, but not this time. I just get the errors.

Ah...
    Did your machine have the gear box?
    Is the gear in the correct position? If it is not at the correct position, it may have alarm.
    it means the control is not reading the correct parameter.

So I think you have to solve the gear position first.

I hope this will help

Still having problems.

I've replaced the cable and sensor as instructed by the tech at MAG. The sensor is set to the correct clearance.

However, I still get the 1174 alarm when I try to run M84.

If I try to orient the spindle I no longer get the 9081 alarm, but now a 9082 alarm.

I'm at the end of my tether. Can anyone come up with any bright ideas?

I'm ok when it comes to mechanics, but I'm the first to admit that my electronics skills are not perfect.

Regards,

Matt.

Hi Matt,

We're having the same problem at the shop I work at (same control, etc). What did you end up doing to resolve the problem?

Thanks.

Hello,
    if you see the date the problem was posted, it´s been like a long time ago.
    Anyway, you should check the sensor located in the FANUC spindle motor. It is located behind the red cap. You should remove the red cap and then the fan. You will find a plate that also needs to be removed. You will see the sensor and a gear. The sensor "reads" the gear. The sensor must not be touching the gear but should be very close. You must measure this gap. After you measure the gap, you should remove the sensor (by taking out two screws) and see if it is damage or not. Remember to measure the gap between the sensor and the gear, it is very important.
    Regards
    Alex

Hi Guys,

I eventually solved the problem.

Not with the $200 replacement wire I got from Fadal, but with about $2 worth of connectors that I got from the local computer store. Changed all the sensor connectors and wrapped them up will to keep out the crud and it's worked like a charm ever since.

I didn't think this was a problem as the original connectors all seemed OK, and I cleaned them up and what have you, but changing them was the solution.

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for the ideas; I tested the line to the sensor and I am getting voltage when expected, so I'm thinking that's fine. I followed the wire until it enters the Fanuc box, so I think that's okay too; pretty sure the problem is somewhere in either the box or in the ladder logic. Matt, I'll pick up some replacement connectors and give that a shot; can't hurt, right? *shrugs*

Spindle Orient Saga Continues

Hi guys,

I have these errors again.

If I try to orient the spindle, by M6 tool change, or in MDI and use M190 then I get this error:

9081 SPN 1 :S-SPINDLE ERROR (AL-081)

And if I try to synch the motor/spindle with M84 I get:

1174 M84 LOGR ARBITRARY DATA ERROR

I checked the voltages and it gives 20.3V with the magnet away and 0V with the magnet in line with the sensor. The cables from the sensor all the way to the JYA3 drive socket seem fine.

However, It hasn't been totally dead as last week it did orient a few times, but from the end of last week, all week end and today it won't work.

Is there a chance that the sensor on the motor is at fault? I took the motor cover off to have a look at this, but I don't know what I need to check. I just wanted to see if it was in good condition, which it appeared to be. What gap should there be from the sensor to the toothed gear? Also, what reading should I look for at the connectors?

I really don't know what to. So called technicians that allegedly understand Fanuc control also have no idea. I'm at a loss, but I don't want to just go replacing parts for the sake of it unless I know that's the problem as it'll get expensive very quickly.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?

TIA.

I've also posted this in the FADAL section just in case.

It could be a cable problem.
    The one rev. signal is missing.
    Regards
    Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alm81.jpg