587,033 active members*
3,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Strange Fanuc 10T problems (Takisawa TC-2)

Strange Fanuc 10T problems (Takisawa TC-2)

My friend buyed Takisawa TC-2 with Fanuc 10T. Machine worked fine in seller's shop, but after shipment machine got some very strange problems.

First day it worked one minute ok, then it gave encoder alarm of X-axis and change parameter page on screen. This happened every time when power was turned on.

On second day machine blew main fuses right away, when main breaker turned on.

Everything looks be in place in electric cabinet, so we are out of ideas...

Anyone have same kind of problems?

Common problem areas on re-located machinery
    1. Power input incorrect or set incorrectly for the new power.
    2. Phasing backwards
    3. (on older machines-like a 10) Stinger or high voltage leg on the wrong tap on the main breaker, blowing up drive units
    4. Wires falling off/components falling off during transport.
    5. Riggers with forklift damaged cables/pinched/ripped out wires.
    6. New owner to cheap to have the machine professionally prepped for shipment, water damage, broken castings, panels ripped off, encoders ripped out, spindles damaged, rust beyond repair, forgotten manuals or parts, or simply ripped off by the seller.

I have personally witnessed every single one of these and probably more that I chose to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Common problem areas on re-located machinery
    1. Power input incorrect or set incorrectly for the new power.
    2. Phasing backwards
    3. (on older machines-like a 10) Stinger or high voltage leg on the wrong tap on the main breaker, blowing up drive units
    4. Wires falling off/components falling off during transport.
    5. Riggers with forklift damaged cables/pinched/ripped out wires.
    6. New owner to cheap to have the machine professionally prepped for shipment, water damage, broken castings, panels ripped off, encoders ripped out, spindles damaged, rust beyond repair, forgotten manuals or parts, or simply ripped off by the seller.

I have personally witnessed every single one of these and probably more that I chose to forget.
    Thanks!

I can't go check machine myself, because my friend lives over 800 km away. We have to figure this out what he tells... He said he have checked machine, and there is no broken parts at all.

Today my friend called me and told things are getting even weirder... If X and Z axis motor power cables (those between motor and drive, 4-wires) are removed, machine starts normally. Of cource servos are not working...

But if he plug either one power cable, machine blow fuses.

I'm not sure have this Fanuc same drive for both axis (not same, but integrated..), so fault could be there, but how? Emergeny stop neutralize servo drives main power, so this is quite ridiculous problem...

Here is my guess then, with what you have described. The machine probably sat for a long time, when DC motors (yellow cap on Fanuc) sit, the carbon from the brushes shorts the motors out. I have seen this on several machines in the past. You may need to take apart the motors and clean them.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Here is my guess then, with what you have described. The machine probably sat for a long time, when DC motors (yellow cap on Fanuc) sit, the carbon from the brushes shorts the motors out. I have seen this on several machines in the past. You may need to take apart the motors and clean them.
    I thinked same, but this have red cap motors, so those are AC.

More info about problems... It's seems 25A automatic fuses was too small or fast...

But problems continues. Machine worked nicely first minute, then it give alarm "RAM PARITY ERROR" and "SERVO CPU ERROR". Ok, what this mean? Maybe memory have to clear and then reinput all parameters?

hi
    i think u problem is in somewhere else.
    myh advise is to try to plug out all the cards from numeric control(whatch carefully the 1 with battery take it out slowly and carefully otherwise u will loose data) ,clean with a contact clean spray and plug in back tie very good the support screws.
    the reaseon from u error is a bad connections of the cards in u numeric control and thas why u have the alarm with parity and servo.
    this happening sometime during transport from vibration or screws were not enough tied.
    me all the time after a tranport is done i open the electric cabinet and i tie every screw i can see on that belongs to mounting cards, slots,contactors,fuses,main breaker etc.
    it will work for sure if u do exacly i say .

have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    hi
    i think u problem is in somewhere else.
    myh advise is to try to plug out all the cards from numeric control(whatch carefully the 1 with battery take it out slowly and carefully otherwise u will loose data) ,clean with a contact clean spray and plug in back tie very good the support screws.
    the reaseon from u error is a bad connections of the cards in u numeric control and thas why u have the alarm with parity and servo.
    this happening sometime during transport from vibration or screws were not enough tied.
    me all the time after a tranport is done i open the electric cabinet and i tie every screw i can see on that belongs to mounting cards, slots,contactors,fuses,main breaker etc.
    it will work for sure if u do exacly i say .

have a good day.

Ok, thanks! We'll try that! I'll inform lalet how that worked.

Re: Strange Fanuc 10T problems (Takisawa TC-2)

Our company, Technical Repair Solutions, specializes in repairing controls, Servo motors, spindle drives and much more. Here is our website: Industrial automation, Servo, Spindle Drive, Circuit Board Repair; CRT's, Power Supplies, On-site service.

More info:

Where are you located?

We specialize in drive repair and industrial electronic and automation repair along with much much more. Here is our website: Industrial automation, Servo, Spindle Drive, Circuit Board Repair; CRT's, Power Supplies, On-site service. We offer free evaluations, diagnosis, and quotes, so it does not cost to use us and we can at least tell you what is going on. Please contact me at [email protected].

Specializing in Industrial Electronic Repair

Services: Printed Circuit Boards, DC Drives, CNC Repair, AC Inverters, AC Drive Retrofitting, Servo & Spindle Drives, Power Quality Analysis, CNC Controls, Infrared-Thermal Scanning, Encoders, Feedback Devices, Motor Testing, Soft Starts, Transfer Switch Repair, Servo Motors, Monitors, Power Factor Capacitor Repair, Preventative Maintenance, Power Supplies, System Upgrades, PLC’s, CRT Repair/Retrofitting, And Many More….

Located at: 1217 N. Merrifield Ave. Mishawaka In 46545
    Phone: (574) 855-1512 Fax: (574)855-1553
    Visit us at: Industrial automation, Servo, Spindle Drive, Circuit Board Repair; CRT's, Power Supplies, On-site service Email us at: [email protected]

Post Re: Strange Fanuc 10T problems (Takisawa TC-2)

HI Bellforg
    i have parameters of fanuc 10T of Takisawa TC-2.if you need original copy then contect me on [email protected]
    i will give you parameters in good price.

mr. ali, please forward your account detail with full address?
    regards,
    sanjay jha
    [email protected]

hello sanjay
    i have done you mail on ur e mail address
    is you can transfer it on Dubai Islamic Bank or western union.tell me