586,103 active members*
3,534 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Tutorials > What are the chances of starting a tutorial sub-forum?
Page 1 of 2 12

What are the chances of starting a tutorial sub-forum?

What I was kind of thinking is someone poses a random object, basic to begin with, perhaps a project of their own. Then walk thru step by step creating that object in Bobcad. Along the way, in the same thread, users can ask for clarification & help. Each object lesson has to remain in the same thread. New treads would address progressively more difficult objects from real world users.

The end result is there would be more folks to answer questions, and some online reference material.

I think it's an excellent idea!
    *** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

Done!

You are too easy, Paul.

Thanks for such an awesome site! I am sure I am not the only one that really appreciates your continued efforts to bring all of us together.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

My members talk and I listen.

Thanx Paul!
    *** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

Ok I'm ready and waiting for the first tutorial on something , anything would help .

Kenneth
    thanks Kenneth
    www.lambertsrc.com

Good Idea

This is a great idea, and I can only hope that one of the experts will be the first to jump in with a lesson for the rest of us sometime soon.

Whats the bet there will be very few tutorials submitted.
    Sorry for my pesimism. Just based on past observations.

I am also predicting another new forum to fall too. ( Dont want to say its name )
    Remember the open source pandemonium some time ago? You would have expected 20 new router machines by now based on all the hot air. In the end it was just one individual (jgro) who actually did any work to make anything worthwhile.

I am looking forward to you guys proving me wrong. I will happily eat humble pie if you do.

Smile May I request help?

Hi, all. Iam really new to all this and would like to offer a project for consideration.
    Perhaps one of you would willing to use this for a tutorial.

A wedding ring, id 16mm, od 18mm, width 6mm. The top surface is curved from side to side, beginning .50mm from the id. The inner surface edges will be beveled 45deg beginning .4mm from the outer width. There will be 8- 1mm holes drilled through, spaced equally around the circumference.

Thank you so much. :drowning:

Ken

Why not make a sticky post called "request tutorials here". Then, people so inclined to make tutorials can look in that thread and see what people need help on.

Oh, it would be helpful if the 'request thread rules' stated something like: "If you complete someones request for a tutorial, please quote them and post that it is done in this (being the request thread) forum."

Plus, it would help to keep banter to a minimum in this forum and the hypothetical request thread.

EDIT: I posted this before I noticed it was a Bobcam specific Tutorial forum...still, may still be some ideas in there somewhere.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

first of all thanx, we have just purchased bob-cad and i could use a little direction from time to time

Hi Guys,
    Emailed Ken regarding my offer for some help with Bobcad. Some of you know that I am their trainer. I don't work for Bobcad, just do the training as a consultant. My time schedule is very tight and can only do it on the weekends but I am sure I can help. I have lots of materials that I developed for my classes and I am sure that it will help. Once again, this is as volunteer basis and there are no charges for any of this. All that I ask is that you are patient and courtesy is a must. I am not interested in any Bobcad complaining messages. I just want to help get you going. If interested, email me at [email protected] or post a message to this group. I also have lots of info on retrofits and such from my past students (all 2000 of them and still counting).
    Best regards and Merry Christmas to you all,
    Sorin
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hello Sorin,

I went to one of your classes and it helped quite a bit. Did you add the bolt hole pattern point script to the list of files to give out? Anyhow I was wondering if you could send me info on the electrical High Speed Spindle you have mentioned in your literature.

Tim Jones

email me at [email protected]

BTW

Sorrin has several tutorials available for Bobcad. If you want them then why don't you take his course. There is one coming up soon in TN.

He knows his Bobcad and his classes are very helpfull. I have the tutorals but I took the class and he gave them to everyone there.

Tim

Hello Tim,
    Glad to hear from you. I have been passing on your script and everyone loves it. It saves lots of time. I will take some pics of my spindel and email it to you.
    Best regards,
    Sorin
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hello Tim,
    Glad to hear from you. I have been passing on your script and everyone loves it. It saves lots of time. I will take some pics of my spindle and email it to you.
    Best regards,
    Sorin
    Benjamin Franklin

Sorin,

Are any of the tutorials you gave out for public use or are they only if you take your class? I have had a couple people ask and I told them to contact Bobcad for class schedules.

Tim

Hello Tim,
    Nice to hear from you. Many thanks for the script. Many of your fellow machinists are using it now and I make sure that I mention to them how you have vritten it one evening after the class with out any help.
    Thank you again.
    Now I have a question for Paul:
    Paul, I want to create few tutorials for the guys (and gals) but I will need to update them to some site since they will be about 100 meg each. They will learn a lot from them (video tutorials with sound). Is there any way that i can upload them to your site? Please reply to [email protected]
    Best wishes to you all,
    Sorin
    Benjamin Franklin

Oooops,
    Just realized that I can zip the files and upload them. What is the largest size attachement that I can upload??????
    Regards,
    Sorin
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12