586,404 active members*
2,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Hole Machining Error

Hole Machining Error

Let see if anybody can figure this out. I have Sprutcam installed in 2 computers. I am trying to make holes. Simple stuff! In 1 computer, selecting the curves to create holes with the CENTER dialogue works. On the other computer (the one I actually want to use), the program launches an error that reads as "Select The Points". Is this a configuration error, or should I assume the SC installation is trashed?

I have tried exact same procedures on both computers, but the error computer will not yield. Curiously, the problem is with holes only. Pocketing and 2D contour are working fine.

Have you seen this problem before? My evaluation period is about to expire and if I can not make this work flawlessly, I will not be able to convince me to cash out 1K on something that is buggy. Thanks for your input!

OK, just figured this out... On the Configuration-Tolerance Digits drop down, I had a 5. As soon as I changed it to three, the curves started being recognized. Apparently because it was configured to tens of microns (hundreths of a thousanth of an inch), could not see the curves specified with three digit resolution. I guess it makes sense...

FYI, in case you get this error and are a newbie like me.

Sounds like a configuration issue to me. If the install were "trashed" or if it were a computer compatibility issue you would most like get an "access violation" or "unhandled exception" error or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by avayan View Post
    Let see if anybody can figure this out. I have Sprutcam installed in 2 computers. I am trying to make holes. Simple stuff! In 1 computer, selecting the curves to create holes with the CENTER dialogue works. On the other computer (the one I actually want to use), the program launches an error that reads as "Select The Points". Is this a configuration error, or should I assume the SC installation is trashed?

I have tried exact same procedures on both computers, but the error computer will not yield. Curiously, the problem is with holes only. Pocketing and 2D contour are working fine.

Have you seen this problem before? My evaluation period is about to expire and if I can not make this work flawlessly, I will not be able to convince me to cash out 1K on something that is buggy. Thanks for your input!
    This actually has nothing to do with the software being buggy(am I actually saying this? please don't tell anyone).

The problem is on the top menu on the computer that works you have the "faces" selection icon on. The one that says "select points" only has the select points icon selected. What you can select is based on what selection icons you have selected.

I duplicated this on my machine real easy.

P.S. My tolerance setting is always set to 5.

Thanks for your input, Magnum164. Unfortunately, that is not the case for me. I tried your suggestion and still got the same error. Only way in which I can make it work is with the tolerance set to 3.

Now, lets face the facts. I am using Corel Draw X3 to generate the starting DXF artwork. I realize it may be an insult to use Corel Draw with CNC equipment. But since this is what I use to draw on my laser cutter, is the tool I know how to use the most. I am trying to shift into AutoCAD and I'll see if this gives me different results.