586,036 active members*
3,540 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Boncopeaux, an Android app for speed and feed calculation

Boncopeaux, an Android app for speed and feed calculation

Hi,

As I always have my phone somewhere around me and not necessary a PC connected to internet neither my complete library, I decided one year ago to develop an Android app for feed and speed calculation.

At the beginning, it was just and only for my personnal convenience, but now, Boncopeaux start to be used by more and more peoples.
    Most of the users come from imperial/US system countries (I come from a metric one) and I am not very familiar with some units.

To be more friendly for those users could you please tell me which units are used in a imperial/US system for :
    - The specific cutting force (Kc) ? is it lbf/inch2 ?
    - The machine power (Pc) ? is it the watt ?
    - The torque (Mc) ? is it lbf.in ?

Thanks for your help,
    MJLFR

PS : This Android app could be found here : on the market just look for "boncopeaux" on the internet https://market.android.com/search?q=boncopeaux&c=apps

Quote Originally Posted by MJLFR View Post
    Hi,

As I always have my phone somewhere around me and not necessary a PC connected to internet neither my complete library, I decided one year ago to develop an Android app for feed and speed calculation.

At the beginning, it was just and only for my personnal convenience, but now, Boncopeaux start to be used by more and more peoples.
    Most of the users come from imperial/US system countries (I come from a metric one) and I am not very familiar with some units.

To be more friendly for those users could you please tell me which units are used in a imperial/US system for :
    - The specific cutting force (Kc) ? is it lbf/inch2 ?
    - The machine power (Pc) ? is it the watt ?
    - The torque (Mc) ? is it lbf.in ?

Thanks for your help,
    MJLFR

PS : This Android app could be found here : on the market just look for "boncopeaux" on the internet https://market.android.com/search?q=boncopeaux&c=apps

- The specific cutting force (Kc): Pounds, lb (technically lbf, but commonly lb)
    - The machine power (Pc): Horsepower, hp
    - The torque (Mc): inch-lb or ft-lb depending on scale (or inch-ounce for very low values)