586,100 active members*
2,716 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport 760 warm up cycle

Does anyone know the program to overite the warm up cycle my boss does not want to use it at start up thanks

there is no information here

"my car is funny when I start it, can you tell me what is wrong"

VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!

Not warming up the spindles on the new Bridgeports is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!!! I only say this because I've changed many of these because people didnt do it. There is a reason why Hardinge put this cycle in there automatically! These spindles do not have bearings that are "greased for life" These machine contain a spindle that greases itself based upon on and off time of it. Hence the longer the machine sits off, the longer the warm up cycle is. This cycle is disigned to inject the correct amount of grease into the bearings and distrubite the grease correctly within the bearing.

With that being said, your machine, you decision how to use it.

Need the service key on, hold feed hold and spindle stop down untill message goes away.

P.S. These machines have $13,000.00 spindles!

Thanks For the info we are putting in a rebuilt greaseless bearing spindle are grease canisters went bad and gave no warning or alarm so we are omiting them. have another question we broke a fitting on the part they call a joint it sits ontop of the spindle one fitting is on top and the other is on the middle on the rounded side we can find what thread size it is the fitting is a reducer fitting we tried npt and bspt and neather will fit do you know the thread size of that fitting? I tried are parts guy and he ran into the same problem I did its not listed in the parts book. Thanks for the help David

Quote Originally Posted by Nawrocki4Life View Post
    Not warming up the spindles on the new Bridgeports is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!!! I only say this because I've changed many of these because people didnt do it. There is a reason why Hardinge put this cycle in there automatically! These spindles do not have bearings that are "greased for life" These machine contain a spindle that greases itself based upon on and off time of it. Hence the longer the machine sits off, the longer the warm up cycle is. This cycle is disigned to inject the correct amount of grease into the bearings and distrubite the grease correctly within the bearing.

With that being said, your machine, you decision how to use it.

Need the service key on, hold feed hold and spindle stop down untill message goes away.

P.S. These machines have $13,000.00 spindles!
    Thanks For the info we are putting in a rebuilt greaseless bearing spindle are grease canisters went bad and gave no warning or alarm so we are omiting them. have another question we broke a fitting on the part they call a joint it sits ontop of the spindle one fitting is on top and the other is on the middle on the rounded side we can find what thread size it is the fitting is a reducer fitting we tried npt and bspt and neather will fit do you know the thread size of that fitting? I tried are parts guy and he ran into the same problem I did its not listed in the parts book. Thanks for the help David

Rotory union

Well that machine is built in Tiawan so I would assume some goofy metric size. That fitting is pressure relief for that union. In case something gets clogged in the spindle while using through spindle coolant. So that barely gets used under normal conditions. I would just get a fitting that would start and force it some into it. Or since you have it off, drill and retap it. other then that maybe you gotta order the repair parts from your Hardinge dealer.

force it in, that's a good idea

perhaps it is a flare size, probably a straight metric thread

something like a JIC swivel

probably getting the right part is the answer