586,103 active members*
3,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Plasma, EDM / Other similar machine Project Log > Need analog circuit nerd to help with DIY DTHC plasma reference voltage

Need analog circuit nerd to help with DIY DTHC plasma reference voltage

I've been futsing around with micro controllers and have written and developed a working DTHC control based on the Atmega328 AVR that runs via Modbus RTU over USB and is MACH3 friendly.

It allows you to keep parallel inputs for other stuff and as a bonus it gives you 8+ I/O pins to fill up as you desire (automatic lunch e-stop at noon?)

The code and control side work great but I'm having random spike, noise, and RF issues that I would like to get gone and need some help/guidance with filtering / rectifying so the A-D converter is happy and stable.

My current setup is of the bridge rectifier to voltage divider to low-pass filter variety and although it works pretty dam well, my ref voltage swings more than I think it should.

I'm looking for help in the processing of the raw tip voltage.

As an aside. Here's a cool Diesel to Veg Oil heated aluminum tank I just cut and welded on my ebayified table.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19GallonSVOTank.jpg   19GallonWelded.jpg  

Dear It is very easy only see the site of favorite microcontroller site and solve your problem all relevant solution easy available on that

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by saghirecho View Post
    Dear It is very easy only see the site of favorite microcontroller site and solve your problem all relevant solution easy available on that

[email protected]
    Easy eh?

I'm not sure if you're attempting to be funny or facetious.

Maybe he is suggesting some contamination can into the PC in a round about way.

On a more serious note,
    Do you have a few circuits and pictures of you problematic part of the rig?
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.