586,308 active members*
3,656 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: well driller

well driller

I have a dyna cnc dli 4000 series and having problems with my start up as soon as I push reset my x axis will crash about 2-3 times before it will catch some times if I push the x or y axis a little it will reset and run does any one have any idea what is going on

another problem I am having when running a program to cut my pattern it will stop with a code in my dl200 says x-axis runaway x axis stopped encoder pulse missing please help

Getting help may be a problem. That controller was developed and built specifically for DYNACNC and in the process there were some issues between DYNACNC and the vendor. The relationship ended on less than cordial terms. Since DYNACNC is dead and gone and along with it any technical knowledge of their proprietary controller, and the vendor has been less than helpful, about all I can do is offer you general suggestions:

replace the encoder wire/cable (if it a differential driver cable you may need a new one). They came (at one time) from US Digital.

Open and carefully clean with alcohol the encoder wheel.

If it continues replace the entire encoder

If none of that works then consider replacing the X axis driver.

If THAT fails then grab your ankles ( the nest solution is painful)

Both problems appear to be encoder related.

Runaway

Well Driller,
    I am the original in house engineer for DynaCNC of the 4000. When we experienced your condition the encoder connections at the servo was approximately 75% of the time the cause. The encoder being mispositioned was approximately a 15% cause. The remaining 10% was poor parameter settings. Depending on the build date it is possible to have the connector on 180 degrees out of its correct orientation.
    Any further I can assist you via my website getcnc.com or private message.
    Frank Portulano