586,100 active members*
2,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

edit inside Parentheses

I have older 0T and and 18T Fanuc, and when the operators have to change the program for the remote DNC they have to edit the whole line parentheses to parentheses. Is there a parameter that will enable them to edit just the characters that need to be changed inside the parentheses?

I don't believe Fanuc incorporated that editing function until the 31i (first I've seen it, anyway). It's always been a PITA...

I am not sure on the O or the 18 but on the 10,11,12,15 have the option to copy either a word or to the EOB and you can edit what you want and then press alter. This is the only editing option that I have used. Other wise as Dave stated it is a PITA.

Some other controls you could put a ( at the beginning of the line and it would let you edit thru 1 letter at a time. Then delete that (. This was on some Hitachi's I had.

Stevo

IIRC, if you have purchased the "extended programming" option on a FANUC, you can copy the comment to the buffer, and edit the comment in its entirety using the cursor keys for editing position.

Quote Originally Posted by beege View Post
    IIRC, if you have purchased the "extended programming" option on a FANUC, you can copy the comment to the buffer, and edit the comment in its entirety using the cursor keys for editing position.
    Hey Beege,

I've just looked through "Extended Part Program Editing" descriptions in the Descriptions and Operator's Manuals for the 0 and 18 controls. They mention nothing about copying/editing in the buffer. If you know of a way, it sure would make life easier...

It's been 15 years, but I'm sure I remember it being on my 11M

Edit / copy / to buffer

or something like that. Deserves some experimentation, just to see if its an undocumented thing, but I don't currently run anything with extended editing.