586,089 active members*
3,782 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > Fanuc or Siemens or Mitsubishi

Fanuc or Siemens or Mitsubishi

Which One and Why?
    Chippy

From the Retro-fit side, of the three, I would pick Mitsubishi every time, Fanuc are expensive and as a company, hard to get along with, although a good control.
    Siemens NT based but I have witnessed a fairly high rate of failures in the ones I have experience with.
    Mitsubishi, easy to work with, both product and company, easy to get support, reliable control.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Siemens I would say.
    I read five minutes ago first time about mitsubishi having some kind of control (at least here in europe not very popular)
    I have ten years experience of fanuc and siemens, and the first 0T controls did not have even common variables, as siemens 3T was way ahead with everything(with R parameters).
    And today I can control up to (correct if I´m wrong) 11 axes simultaneous with sinumerik840.
    And fanuc has Series 18i-MODEL B which can control up to 8 axes control, and only 4 of those axes simultaneous.

Johnmirra,

Did you know that Mazak is 99% Mitsubishi, Mori is 45% Mitsubishi, and Citizen is 95% Mitsubishi? Mitsubishi is hidden behind the name Mazatrol, Mapps, and Cincom.

Regards,

Chippy
    Chippy

Dumonts,

Those are more familiar names.
    Is there some machine having 100% Mitsu?

WHy not look at Yasakawa?

Johnmirra,

For the most part OEM's I think remain flexible and do not use any one control because they may loose business to multiple customers who may have preference to the machine, but like to keep the control the same in their shop. There operators are more familiar with one control then multiple. I'm sure there are many pros and cons to argue this point.

Chris D,

Good point what about Yaskawa. I wasn't so sure how big Yaskawa is any more. Can you enlighten me?

Regards,

Chippy
    Chippy

Haas and Milltronics are using Yaskawa drives and servoes.

Yasnac=Yaskawa

Darek

Quote Originally Posted by dumonts
    Johnmirra,

For the most part OEM's I think remain flexible and do not use any one control because they may loose business to multiple customers who may have preference to the machine, but like to keep the control the same in their shop. There operators are more familiar with one control then multiple. I'm sure there are many pros and cons to argue this point.

Chris D,

Good point what about Yaskawa. I wasn't so sure how big Yaskawa is any more. Can you enlighten me?

Regards,

Chippy

Yaskawa is located in Waukegan IL and they have a very nice, big facility. I drive by it pretty often as I have an industrial client right next door. I no longer know any of the engineers there but used to know several - all good people. You may want to look into them pretty closely.

Also, to add another builder to the Yasnac (yaskawa) users is Mori, I know they used their controls a few years back but have since lost track of who is using what these days.

Chris

Siemens 840D. It's what I know/use. Most of the time it runs good. Last night at work was the exception, Kept freezing up, had to restart 5 times! (nuts)

Switcher,

Hows Siemens service to get ahold of? Easy to work with?
    Chippy

dumonts,

The company I work for doesn't deal directly with "Siemens", The machine is from "Schutte", so that is who they work with.

I think the machine is just rebranded with the "Schutte" name. The outside of the machine has everything labled "Schutte", everything on the inside is labled "Siemens".

"Schutte" usually has next day service.

So, I guess I'm not much help with your ?s, sorry.

99% of the Machines in the Shop I work in use Fanuc, I've used Siemens a couple times, it isn't bad but I prefer Fanuc. We have one Mitsubishi but, I've never run it.