586,080 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

torchmate prices

so i bought my machine four years ago and have been somewhat happy with it. while doing some oxy fuel cutting i managed to get a little heat on one of my x axis cables. when i got a price on replacing the motor cable it was very shocking, $59 worth of shocking for only 25' ($30 for 10') does anyone know there to get the same cable and the male and female connectors so i can make my own?

thanks
    bakerj99

Hi,
    Try posting here also. A lot of Torchmate guys here.

Torchmate CNC Forum - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Mike

Making cables

I haven't cut into mine, but I'm 99% sure they are just Belden cables and you can buy the cables and connectors at most any electronic supply house, probably online as well. There should be some sort of marking running along the sheath of the cable. But by the time you buy a 100 foot roll of wire, you might not be saving any money. Bob.

even if i spent the same as i would on one or even two cables(one for back up) just knowing that i think would put me at ease. i would like to figure out about the connectors now i have found the source for the cable here locally.

thanks
    bakerj99

I've burnt my cables up 2-3 times. Every time I burn the cable I also burn the drive card. It ends up being a very expensive repair. You should be able to replace just the cable if you have the newer machine (blue lights I think).

You will have to test the machine for burnt cards If you have the older machine (red lights). Call torchmate for the testing procedure. They are aware of the problem and walk you through the testing.

If you are burning the cables you might want to look for a more hear resistant cable, the connectors are standard mini fit Jr. You can make these cables very easy yourself if you have the right style crimper cheap one can be found at RadioShack.