586,080 active members*
3,702 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Harrison 600 Universal Miller info

I'm newto the forum and I just purchased a Harrison universal miller with swing table. (See picture: item 1196.jpg)

I hope to use it as a hobby machine at my house from single phase power (220 volt) by means of a Danfoss converter (132F005) to three phase.

On the picture: (img01.JPG downloaded from the internet) marked with a blue circle is a control that I’m not sure what it is for and how it works. I can’t see the inscription on the plate next to it. The round knob is screwed to the bed with a M6 Allan-cap. If I take the screw out I could pull the knob out ± 50 mm. Will you please explain what this is an how it works?

Could you please direct me to groups or this forums where I could learn more about this machine. Could you also indicate if I could download or buy a manual.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Danie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img01.jpg   item1196.jpg  

I`m not sure but possibly the anti backlash setting for conventional or climb milling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratau View Post
    On the picture: (img01.JPG downloaded from the internet) marked with a blue circle is a control that I’m not sure what it is for and how it works.
    I have the same machine (I am converting it to CNC)

That knob allows you to disconnect the leadscrew nut so that you can use the traverse motor to drive a dividing head. In that configuration you use the table leadscrew as a drive shaft to some gears mounted near the feed handle. Then a dividing head with suitable gears on the drive input engages with that gear.

Mechanically, the table nut is free to rotate in bearings, and then knob engages or releases a pin which prevents the nut from rotating.