586,100 active members*
2,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > 110 sdu alarm question

110 sdu alarm question

Hey guys yesterday as i was running my lathe (LB 15 5020L controller) and noticed that my rpms started varying. Basically it was speeding up and slowing down.I was boring my soft jaws so everything was in manual, I stopped the spindle when i noticed it and when i went to restart and got a 110 SDU alarm. I shut the machine down completly and restarted and everything worked fine for about three hours and then it alarmed out one other time in auto. Once again I shut it down and restarted then finished out the day with no troubles. Do any you guys have an idea of what might be going on?Im very much a novice on cnc stuff and any help would be greatly appreciated...

110 alarm.pdf

sounds like somthing on the drive is getting hot and opening up and letting the siginals drop. What kind of VAC drive and is there a number or lights on or flashing when the machine alarms out?
    any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks

Ok, since i made this post I learned that there were alarm codes on sdu. It has only alarmed out those two times, since then no problems. When i had my alarms i didnt know about alarm code lights, so not much help there. I will come back and post if i have anymore alarms. After I read your post i did clean the fan that cools heat sink, it was pretty nasty! Everything else is good. As far as what kind of VAC drive, im not sure what you need. Is it a # or name brand and where might I find the info your aking for. Thanks for your help!!!!

hi, did you fix your machine i have same problem any advice how to fix?
    thanks