586,094 active members*
4,142 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Hitachi Routers available cheap, 1 year warranty $80!

Hitachi Routers available cheap, 1 year warranty $80!

Hi, just a quick heads up -

Reconditioned Sales, Inc. has the factory reconditioned Hitachi M12VC router back in stock, it's $80 plus about $6 shipping. Comes with a 1 year warranty.

I've just snapped one up, thought I'd let people know about it on here. They were supposed to email me automatically when it came back in stock, but they didnt! I've been waiting for one for ages......

Here's the link:

Hitachi M12VC 2-1/4 Peak HP Variable Speed Fixed Base Router (Reconditioned)

In case anyone doesn't know, this is really popular among CNCers, it's apparently the quietest router in it's class.

They also have new ones (not reconditioned) for $136 here:

Hitachi M12VC 2-1/4 Peak HP Variable Speed Fixed Base Router

Thanks

Jonathan

That's a good price, although the standard Amazon price is $103 new.

I have this in my router and it's excellent. I got a 1/8" collet from gpcollets.com, although you can also get collets from precisebits. There is a standard router mount from K2cnc for it.

yeah, those are great prices for new - I'd missed the Lowes one, actually...still, saving 20 bucks here and there soon adds up building one of these things!

They have some other good stuff on reconditioned sales though, well worth a look...

brtech....thanks for the info about collets, which are the right ones from GP?

I saw the K2 CNC router mounts and it was definitely a deciding factor when choosing this router - I'm going to try to make my own, but if I fail, I know I can fall back on those.

On that subject - If someone could tell me what is the diameter of the hitachi body, I'd appreciate it

Thanks

J

I picked mine up at my local lowes for $90 I think they are on clearance so it may be worth a trip to your local lowes to see. Not sure if I should pickup a spare as well?

I would get a spare if they still have them at that price - there are none in stock at any of my local lowes stores...

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm View Post
    yeah, those are great prices for new - I'd missed the Lowes one, actually...still, saving 20 bucks here and there soon adds up building one of these things!

They have some other good stuff on reconditioned sales though, well worth a look...

brtech....thanks for the info about collets, which are the right ones from GP?

I saw the K2 CNC router mounts and it was definitely a deciding factor when choosing this router - I'm going to try to make my own, but if I fail, I know I can fall back on those.

On that subject - If someone could tell me what is the diameter of the hitachi body, I'd appreciate it

Thanks

J
    3.270" (83.058mm) You may want to make the hole a couple thousandths larger so that the M12VC body will slide in a little more easily.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

CarveOne - thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by brtech View Post
    That's a good price, although the standard Amazon price is $103 new.

I have this in my router and it's excellent. I got a 1/8" collet from gpcollets.com, although you can also get collets from precisebits. There is a standard router mount from K2cnc for it.
    Did you order a 0.25 to 0.125" adapter or a true 1/8" collet and if so what part number would you use for the hitachi router?

Thanks,
    Brian

You're welcome! I stopped at the local Lowe's today and they have no M12VC in stock either. I saw one after the Christmas holidays, but it disappeared after a week and have seen none there since then. I did buy a 16 gallon 5.75 hp ShopVac on sale there for $49.00 today though. That makes two spares on hand waiting for my 12 gallon 5hp ShopVac to quit biting the dust. (literally) These things don't last long around my shop. The corpses of the dead ones make good rolling trash cans.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

The Hitachi M12VC takes the same size collets as a Bosch 1618. The BRC series on:
    Bosch Style Router Collets
    is the GP Collet equivalent.

The Precisebit collets are on:
    http://www.precisebits.com/products/...h_1618_Collets

Thanks brtech

Thats perfect, I need an 1/8 collet

BG

Hitachi M12VC Router again available @ bigskytool.com for $84.

Hitachi M12VC 2-1/4 Peak HP Variable Speed Fixed Base Router (Reconditioned)

rgds
    http://liana-tech.com