586,685 active members*
2,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Looking for a large gantry CNC

Looking for a large gantry CNC

As the subject line says, we are looking to buy a large 3 axis gantry style machine. There are a few candidates we have been looking at, but this one seems interesting:

http://www.hurco.com/HCA/Products/Ma...ges/DCX32.aspx

Does anyone here have experience with this machine? Any comments on Hurco in general?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

large gantrys

Look at what they have,
    Brek Manufacturing : Home
    Been doing this too long

We've installed two of them over here. Another one being installed in a few weeks.
    Solid 39000kg floor weight, 11000kg table capacity. 50taper Kessler spindle.
    I like them.

DCX32

Hi Dan,

I see you are searching for help with our equipment. We have reference I can share with you and go from there. As bloke said before, UK has been really succesfull with this machine. Here in North America, we have Lockheed Martin and Givmar Precision in California (see Hurco & Givmar facebook page) Greg Volovic | Facebook
    Givmar Precision Machining | Facebook
    Where about in Canada are you located?

Have a good day,

Thanks,

Joe

Givmar facebook page

The facebook page link below brings you to the Hurco facebook page.

In the search box of that page at the top, type Givmar and you will see it coming up as a choice. They posted many pictures.

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks for the responses.

I will check the references Joe.

We are in Windsor Ont. I haven't contacted anyone for a formal quote as this is just the initial stages of this project.

Thanks,

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Here to Help

Thanks Dan.

We have an installation coming up in Michigan shortly. Just outside Detroit.

When you are ready for us to help you out with more details, please contact us. We have local service in Windsor with Lomar Machine.

As for references in town, call Select Tool, Integrity, Concours, Signature Tool... to name a few.

What type of application are you looking at?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

We know Frank from Lomar quite well. I'll contact him if/when we decide which direction we want to go.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan, I don't know anything about the gantry mill but I have been running Hurcos for about 15 years. The control they have is fantastic and you can do tons of stuff without having to program using offline software. As a matter of fact we very seldom use our offline software, about 99 percent of the time we are programming right at the control. The machine I am running now is a VMX42 and is will run circles around the VM2 machines that we have. Good luck with your search and let me know if I can help you in anyway.

Bernie