586,075 active members*
4,468 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > FeatureCAM CAD/CAM > Anyone using Featurecam with Pro-e

Anyone using Featurecam with Pro-e

Hi, we are looking at at Featurecam and we are using Pro-e wildfire 4. has anyone had a problem importing .prt files from pro?

I don't think you'll see any problems what so ever I’ve been bringing in Solid Works part files for years and never a glitch. The software is tremendous. GO FOR IT & Enjoy!

Thanks, we have been using pro-man for mill and wire. have you used it to program wire edm? we need something easy to pick up on, all of us here do our own programing so we are all casual users. can't wait to get a demo and see it work.

As a mater of fact I’m planning on putting both a wire and a sinker in SOON. The wire obviously will be programmed with FeatureCam the sinker is just manual machine however. But what you’ll find with FeatureCam; absolute versatility! As one that has programmed all the best Cam software’s on the market nobody has anything on FeatureCam imo. Also back when I was considering the change over to FeatureCam myself, I deliberately took a man off the shop floor with zero programming experience & put him in front of a computer just to better gage the software. Gave him an image to program to, 50 minutes later he had a program!! I mean he no clue before that session. His speeds & feeds left something to be desired but he over-road the system which would have given him much more appropriate numbers. At least if he would have let the software make the speeds and feeds selection for him it would have ran out of the box with no tool breakage. Then on the other end of the spectrum for the advance users this stuff will blow you away. Very impressive stuff. Cheers!

you might want to take a look at Welcome to FeatureCAM and Delcam TV - online CAD CAM TV channel featuring customer testimonials, software updates, tutorials and Partner videos for more information about the product and its features. if you goto the FeatureCAM 2011 learning zone you can get information, tips & tricks about the latest version of FeatureCAM FeatureCAM 2011 Learning Zone