586,069 active members*
3,363 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > System Commissioning Data

System Commissioning Data

We have a Cincinnati Milacron Horizontal machine with Acramatic 850 control.
    It's a old retrofit machine. I want to change the built in R-plane amount of .1 that is at the machine. I believe it can be changed in the System Commissioning Data page. Does anyone have a list of what the numbers represent? #15 is set at .1 right now, but I am not sure this is it....

I have figured out that #117 is controlling the R-PLane. It was set at .1000.
    The reasoning behind this is. When I would send a program to the machine with a r-plane of .1, the machine was actually at .200. So, you would have to allow for this or program with a r-plane of 0.00. Which I feel is not a good practice.

Don't have commissioning data anymore, but it was always standard practice for Acramatics to use R0 for the plane (corresponding to Z0) with the 0.100" handled by the CNC. Not bad practice, just different from Fanuc and others...and probably predates them. It's pretty clearly spelled out in the manual, but I imagine those might have been lost.