Well ... just bought one, a couple of weeks ago. Don't ya just luv this sheet ... lifetime warrenty...god knows, I do. Rememmber the "olden days" .. when they used to say .. warranty void, if used for commercial use.

Prior to the last ice age, I had a shop down in San Jose .. had won a bid for some OFHC microwave parts .. outta 2" of copper barstock. I was Dyin .. trying to blank on the bandsaw. I saw a Ridgid chop-saw (then all US made stuff) at a now long defunct metal house .. and bought one .. put a 10" carbide blade .. and used Macron-M most judiciously applied with an acid brush to the cutting process. It cut like buttah .....

I am re-purpossing one of my tractor sheds into a woodshop, and have aquired, a Ridgid tilisaw for some other future upgrades here, and it cuts 2" thick 12x12x2 steppings stones like buttah .. as well. (one of my ex's .. is from Long Island ... buttah)

aannyway .. spoke with ron at k2cnc today .. he is busy fellow. For the Ridgid, ya need 3.622" . .. about 92mm? I haven't yet done this, but I figure dissasemble his 3.5" .. shim for the sawslot .. chuck ina 4 jaw .. skin out a 16th or so, an you gotta 92mm router mount.

I got mine .. at HD of course .. $159 on sale, less 10% vet discount. And btw .. the HD Vet discount .. is TOTALLY up, to the individual store manager.

Back on thread, K2cnc has router clamps, that can be easily modified if you have a four jaw chuck for one of your lathes ... ... or make some barter witha buddie who does.

I am from Ole school .. and 1 HP is about 746 watts, as I recall. Lift 550 pounds of water 1 foot in one second .. all that. google james watt.

Anybody .. put a 20 dollar "Kilowatt" on any of these spindles? Put a torque wrench .. to verify holding torque, on the current offereings in steppers?

The simple answer, is no. But .. K2cnc .. has mounting scenairo that can be easily modified to accomodate the 92mm ridgid router. If it works, as flawlesslesy, as the tilesaw .. whacking through 2x12x12 stepping stones like buttah ..... the 2inch OFHC legacy .. from 35 years ago .. has merrit.

peace .. jon