586,112 active members*
3,123 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

A2100 4th axis questions

I've been using an Arrow 500 with 3 axis for a while and am pretty proficient. Just received a machine with the 4th axis (a2100 control) and a Troyke 6" rotary table. This machine arrived with a dead HDD (now fixed) and no documentation. Where can I find documentation on what G and M codes control it? I'm assuming it is the A axis. Can someone give me a small sample g-code to make the table rotate to specific positions?

Thanks in advance!
    -Art

hi
    First you must have the A axis parameters on the machine
    Then you must zero the 4th axis
    Then you call the A xis position in degrees

It seems to have the parameters for the 4th axis. Under system config/axis,DV7 port 5 shows some numbers but I don't really know if they are correct or not. MAG (Cincinnati) said they don't have the config data and to call Troyke. Troyke told me to contact Cincinnati for that data. Ugh.

When I perform the normal align, should that align the A axis or is there a separate procedure for that?

Thanks!
    -Art

I'm getting a little further. Found that the rotary table was set to removed on the pendant.

For future reader reference, while control is powered on and before turning on machine power, go to pendant, click setup, hit more-> until you find ROT, select and you will find 'A' with two options. Present and Removed. Click Present.

Once this is done, power on the machine and the align will also align the 4th axis.

On to my current problem...When the machine is aligning the 4th axis, it rotates the table about 2 times, eventually the screen shows A at 359.95 but never completes the alignment. I'm pretty convinced the default parameters on the new hard disk are wrong. Does anyone have the parameters for a Cincinnati branded Troyke DL-6-B rotary table ?

-Art

Got it working. The aligning forever was because the prox sensor was stuck depressed (open) so the control thought it was never clearing the home switch.

Changed the rotary modulus from 2211840 to 1105920 to correct 720 degree rotation of the table when the control thought it was 360.

One last question...How to determine the proper align trim. Originally it was 0 which caused a TPA home failure alarm at the end of alignment. I changed it to -1 degree and it now aligns. What process is used to determine the correct align trim? I have had to guess on the Z-axis also with the new hard disk.

-Art

Hi the A axis parameters should be available from the machine builder Cincinati Troyke only provides theTurn table and the motor to match the 2100 control servo amp that you have. when you zero the A axis you should be at zero if not try moving the zero switch or target. You should also be able to use a grid shift parameter in the control in order to trim your zero degrees position.

Thanks, Cincinnati (MAG) got back to me today with the parameters. I was pretty close.

if cincinnati helped you maybe you might share WHO there so others can go to them too (also give them a pat on the back/ good feeling for helping!) they have a lot of good people there to help!

Cudos to Mark Nichols at MAG IAS. He was a huge help finding the settings for me.