586,058 active members*
4,363 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Full Spectrum 40W Deluxe Review

Hi folks -- I've posted my review of the FSE 40W Deluxe hobby laser over on my blog: Review: Full Spectrum Engineering 40W Hobby Laser (Deluxe Model) » The Poptimistic Tiki-tastic Retro-Future Present

Spoiler: I'm quite happy with what I got for the money I spent. Strongly recommended as a personal laser, but probably not for a commercial endeavor where you are going to run it for many hours each day. But hey, they do call it a hobby laser, so don't take that as a complaint!

I have just bought an incredibly similar looking machine here in the UK here: LS3020 pro Desktop laser engraving and cutting machine laser engraving and cutting machine with software [LS3020 pro] - £1,125.00 : laser engraving machines laser cutting machines, HPC laser LTD

Mine has a red casing, but looks identical. The upgrades I intend to carry out (Some are on the way already!) Include a 10 turn potentiometer knob (here: Rapid Electronics - Electronic Components > Resistors & Potentiometer ), an hour counter 999999h capacity for the laser tube and a 99h59m59s counter with reset for current job time. Also going to fit a flow meter, and already have temp gauges for the coolant temps.

I got mine 3 weeks ago, and have done quite a bit with it! The ease of sending stuff to the cutter with NewlyDraw is simple, and I do the designs in CorelDraw for anything complicated.

I would love updates in here to any arduino mods you do, I too have a makerbot (#28) but I must confess that it gathers dust as I do not have the time to fit the HBP and mk5 extruder upgrades!

Glad it's working out well for you!

Build our fancy own Z axis wheel and you won't need the motorized stage:
    www.fullspectrumengineering.com • View topic - Build your own Z-axis Rotary Wheel

Other users: if you tire of NewlyDraw, we can sell you a RetinaEngrave USB Direct Print upgrade.

Keep cutting and enter our contest to win a free laser: Full Spectrum Laser | Facebook

hi phillydee

Where are you getting your flow meter (sensor) in the UK. I havent found one yet here.
    rabbit / ls3040

PC Watercooling gear is just as good, although you will need to make a control board for this, also, the fittings will probably not fit the standard silicone tubing supplied, but can be stretched to fit a G1/4".
    I was either going to use the manual Phobya HighFlow Flow Meter / Flow Indicator G1/4 [71185] from WCUK Online
    Or the manual and electronic http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Ko...les]_1704.html
    I had not decided. I am not going to go high end and look for industrial gear, its overkill really!