586,104 active members*
3,419 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FANUC DC Velocity Control Unit

I am not an engineer, so I need help picking out a DC Servo and Velocity Control Unit for my FANUC 6M B build that I started.

I have lots of the following two A06B-6047-H002 and A06B-6047-H003 Velocity Control Units. I really don't know much about the 0M, 5M, 10M or 20M motors.

I need 3 ea. units @ 1 unit ea. for X, Y and Z axes.

Which model FANUC DC motors do these two control? Apparently these are for the M type controls.

I do not have the DC servo manuals. Anyone have the manuals?

I have heard that some of the FANUC 'Yellow Cap' DC servo motors are better than others.

I have a number of FANUC DC servos.. most of them are A06B-0642-Bxxx and A06B-0651-Bxxx motors.

The machine work table is not that heavy, about the average weight of a Bridgeport Series I or II table but add one or two Kurt D675 vises.

-Greg

my bridgeports got size 0M motors on it- .200 screws, 1:1 they seem fine. A size 5m is the same mount, just a little longer shell.

Ive got everything on these servos, will look it up- I did find the sketch I made for the C16 plug to the op panel too- its got a lot of scribbling on it, but the pinouts are all there with signal names for the op panel plugs- I'd rewired it the same as the factory unit, so if you cable from the pins listed to your matching op panel cable pins youll be mostly done, will try to scan that tonight.
    all thats left is wiring your decel/ot/external estops/then the fun stuff...m-s-t decoding and fins. are you planning on a external pc, or hardwiring all the decoding? transmission/toolchanger/orientation type functions?

if youre only looking for 3 axis/carousel type tool change/single range headstock, Ive got prints/ladder/eprom data for the PC-Model A, for one i did a long time ago- somewhere on a old backup, sure Ive got parameters/pc setup for the toolchanger, etc too... I wouldnt have the time to make any mods though...havent even turned the old suitcase programmer in several years. do you have access to a eprom burner and a couple old 2716 eproms?

if by chance you plan on external plc for 'room to grow', I really love the little Panasonic FP0 and FP Sigmas...the little GT01 touchscreens are neat too- you could probably piece one together with ebay stuff for a few hundred bucks- fast, easy to program, tiny, dirt cheap...

I remember that on the Monarch, my M19 Orient was done via the FANUC Spindle Orient Board(s) part no. A20B-0008-003x or A20B-0008-024x boards. Also used the FANUC Spindle drive and associated motor.

I have seen 0M's, 5M's and 10M's on lots of different machines. My screws for the new machine are brand new Thompson

I'm only used to working with the FANUC 90-30's (thats actually how I got into FANUC PLC & PMC (CNC))).

Somewhere I have the FANUC ATC Panel which will be set up. Pictures attached.

I would like all the information I can on these motors and VCU's. Send me what you have.

Gear change, Spindle Orient, Toolchange, Limit switches (X & Y limits), Lube cycle (Bijur Pump), 4th Axes (Servo driven Rotary Table) all will likely be pretty much the same exact hardware as on the other machines I own. It's a carousel changer like the type on Leadwell MCV-550 and MC-550 machines. I've had problems with limit switches (for soft OT and hard OT) before.. not my forte. I use honeywell limit switches. My rotab gets moved from machine to machine.

I have 108-120v 1ph AC & 220/230/240v 3ph AC.

On my 10T and 11M, I'm doing it all through the I/O units and it's been a pain as I don't have adequate documentation. I suspect by the time I finish the 10T and 11M controls, I will have learned FANUC I/O.

Not sure about the decel's, OT's and Ext. eStop.

I really would like to have a better copy of the connection manual page I use. It's not the greatest copy.

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FANUC ATC Panel (6M) Back.jpg   FANUC ATC Panel (6M) Front.jpg  

Still looking for more information on the A06B-6047-H002 and -H003 VCU's.. as well as any of the FANUC DC servos they apply to, and also a possibly a print of the A20B-0009-0320 top board that it goes with.

Any information on the A06B-0641-B011 and A06B-0642-B011.. I'm leaning more towards using the -0642.

Especially on the 10T, 10TF and 10TEF, etc.

Although the thread is very old, at the moment I throw away a CNC lathe with the above parts and try to sell the electric parts separately. The H002 VCU works on a Motor with 151V, 6Amps and the H003 have a motor with 151V 12Amps. The 6Amp Motor is called A06B-0642-B005. I don't know the Number of the bigger Motor, because the number is washed down from coolant, only the last part is B012. For the VCU you need a controlboard who's called A20B-0009-0320/10D

Re: FANUC DC Velocity Control Unit

DEAR Guys
    I wish your help to get wiring diagram of Fanuc DC servo driver a06b-6047-h003 so anyone could send me ?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbowne1 View Post
    I am not an engineer, so I need help picking out a DC Servo and Velocity Control Unit for my FANUC 6M B build that I started.

I have lots of the following two A06B-6047-H002 and A06B-6047-H003 Velocity Control Units. I really don't know much about the 0M, 5M, 10M or 20M motors.

I need 3 ea. units @ 1 unit ea. for X, Y and Z axes.

Which model FANUC DC motors do these two control? Apparently these are for the M type controls.

I do not have the DC servo manuals. Anyone have the manuals?

I have heard that some of the FANUC 'Yellow Cap' DC servo motors are better than others.

I have a number of FANUC DC servos.. most of them are A06B-0642-Bxxx and A06B-0651-Bxxx motors.

The machine work table is not that heavy, about the average weight of a Bridgeport Series I or II table but add one or two Kurt D675 vises.

-Greg

Can you share me Circuit diagram A06B-6047-H002/003 or every document Fanuc 6M. My mail: [email protected]
    Thanks

I need similar info on what drivers for the plain Fanuc #5 black cap servo motors. 108 volts DC.
    I see 6045 & 6035 series VCU's on ebay. Can I assume these are earlier versions than the 6047 series?
    It seems nearly impossible to find info on the different model numbers & they don't seem to have any data tags on them.
    I see scads of Fanuc manuals for the 5M servos. But zippo on the plain #5 black cap DC servos.
    Even a point in the right direction for info would be much appreciated!
    Thank you, Brad