586,036 active members*
4,548 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Welcome Momus Builders

Hello Momus Builders and other Interested Parties

We have requested and been granted a new Sub Forum within the DIY-CNC Router Table Machines forum. I encourage all future discussion on the Momus machine be posted under this sub forum.

Hopefully we are able to build off the solid interaction amongst the builders who are at various stages of their build and those who are interested in starting a build.

Thanks to "iplay1515" for posting the initial thread found here

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cn...cnc_plans.html

which got us started and of course to Bob for a great set of plans to build this top notch CNC router table.

Cheers, Dave

Cool, thanks!

The MOMUS is a great design and this should be an active sub-forum.

Regards,

Randy

Momus forum

:wave: Hi all . Its great that we have a thread just for Momus. there is certainly a lot of activity with many building.
    I have just started a new one here in NZ and have been busy converting to what we can get locally which is almost all metric.
    Have got Keling 380 oz steppers, Geko 540 (from Aussie), belts pulleys etc. from hubbard, abec7S FROM Northbridge US. etc.
    Rails are stainless 40 mm and 65 mm so hole centres for ABEC7 bearings require opening out by~ 2mm.
    Main "z" beam unavailable in Aluminium unless I buy 5 metres so have settled for steel RHS which I plan to put lightening holes in and fill with foam to keep out dust. Size planned is 24"long working X axis with standard width.
    Have decided to set up with right and left hand rails at 40 mm, there does not look to be a problem with that approach.
    Have been looking at CamBam and have Autocad.
    Will post a few pics when things get going.
    Rayna
    Hamilton NZ

a home for MOMUS

It's great not having to search the whole forum for Momus info. Almost done the build, just the cover left to do. I need to relearn g-code also after a 21 year break. Bye the way, why MOMUS?

thanks for the great design Bob,
    bill

Quote Originally Posted by bwentzel3 View Post
    It's great not having to search the whole forum for Momus info. Almost done the build, just the cover left to do. I need to relearn g-code also after a 21 year break. Bye the way, why MOMUS?

thanks for the great design Bob,
    bill
    Don't worry, I was in same boat as you except mine was an 18 year break. I was cutting parts within a day since creating gcode is a lot easier now then it was in the early 90s. Tons of programs that do the work for you now with minimal hand editing.

billj

Dimension's verification

Hello Group and Bob,

I've been working on my build for some time now.

I've completed the wood portion and have been working on the aluminum parts.

I've been following the forum and have notice some dimension errors mentioned and have taken note of them.

I am currently working on part number #19, page 52. The material list is .1875 x 2.5 inches, The layout dimension is 2.25 inches. Am I to trim down the 2.5 inch side to 2.25 inches? Or could this be an over site?

Thanks for your support
    jerrywi