Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble again with my QT20 (Mazatrol T1) spindle. There was a problem a few months ago that I shared here, but turned out to be only a malfunctioning sensor on the gearbox. Anyway, the problem now is not related to those sensors, so I'll tell you how it looks.

The problem is the same whether the machine is in Automatic or Manual mode. It happens that, when the velocity of the spindle varies quickly, like in a fast deceleration to change the diameter of cutting, the spindle stops and the control shows no alarm. There's no alarm even in the back, where there's the led alarm code. The spindle controller is a Fanuc, and the model number is: A20B-0009-0534.

I hope someone could throw me a hand to see if the problem can be solved with the replacement of a component on the board, because If I have to spend several thousands of dollars, I would preffer to convert the machine to EMC2, with a regular VFD driving the spindle.

So, thanks for this space, and I will be really thanked with any help that you can give me.

Best regards from Argentina.

Leonardo Marsaglia.