586,974 active members*
3,565 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Elephant Problem

I want to make some one piece jigsaw puzzles that are less than perfect fit. It will make it easier to get the pieces to go in. I want to cut the pocket 1/16th bigger than the piece. I could accomplish this by telling SheetCam that I'm using a 1/8" bit when I'm actually using a 1/4" bit. But I like to think I could order this procedure in Mach. I think I'd be less likely (over the years to come) to get confused. I can draw the elephant (or whatever) in SketchUp and then use the offset function of that program to create an image that is 1/16th bigger. The problem with that is that I have to carefully go at the drawing with the eraser tool to get rid of the inside image before exporting it to SheetCam. Is there some way I could take my elephant (in its actual size) to SheetCam as I usually do, and then give Mach a command to cut it with the 1/16" offset. I stupidly thought I could just bump the X and Y up to 103% (or whatever) to accomplish this. But, of course, that does not work. Thanks for any help.

Picture below shows elephant enlarged with offset tool (in SketchUp) and inside image being erased.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elephant.PNG