586,094 active members*
3,709 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Need help with a HF micro-mill

Need help with a HF micro-mill

My decision to purchase the micro-mill was soley based on economics. I have just finished mounting it and doing a few adjustments. Now I find that it does not cut parallel to the end mill. Is there any documentation or anyone who can help on how to tram this mill? The supplied documentation with the mill does nothing more than tell one how to turn on the switch. I have no idea where the adjustments are. Any help would be appreciated.

Milt

HF Micro Mill CNC Conversion

Here is a link to a HF Micro Mill Group. The members have converted to CNC. They should be able to give you some pointers.

http://groupyahoo.com/group/hf47158t...guid=192489527

mondo50....not "parallel to the end mill"...what does that mean...the table movement is not parallel to the column.....or the mill is cutting a slot that is deeper closer to the column or away from the column...??

To tram the head make sure the lock is tight on the Z to lock the dovetail tight. And loosen the bolts on the column and use some thin shim stock to tram it in... That's what I had to do. Took for bloody ever to get right too.
    Nathan