586,051 active members*
3,712 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

blower for plasma/torch cfm??

i realized having a water table setup with my design is out of order.. so im going to have suction system using blower not too sure whats its called..

its for a 5'x10' table and i am planning on have 2 seperate suction area so 5 by 5 section and 5 by 5 section maybe just have one motor with a t setup or 2 motors

Thanks

You might look at having a hood over the cutting area...something you can raise and lower and attached to it would be something like the dust collectors used for home wood shops...something in the range of 600 to 1200 CFM. You could have the dust collector some distance away from your plasma table.

i did considering putting a shop vac line or something right beside the torch/plasma but i think it might will affect the cutting quality? i dont mind having a scoop under like those torchmate or soemthing... and quite few big torch machines have those system.. so i guess those system works well?

DanOSB
    For your plasma table fume removal, what system did you end up using?
    WT

i ended up doing water bath under the cutting area

Thanks DanOSB
    Hope the water bath works well for you.
    WT

so do i im about 2/3 completed wtih my setup.. www.ubcustom.com/cnc (or u can look at my buildup thread

Quote Originally Posted by DanOSB
    so do i im about 2/3 completed wtih my setup.. www.ubcustom.com/cnc (or u can look at my buildup thread
    DanOSB, Thanks for the link. Great photo record of your build.
    WT